vi.

a couple of the members walked up to jin-ae, praising her dancing. you knew your dancing definitely was not up to scratch, but that was probably because you didn't dance along to music for hours on end at night like your sister did. it was better this way, anyway, since your sister thrived off the attention and praise of other people.

as you and yoongi watched your sister be showered by praise from the other members, he quietly spoke up, but loud enough so you could hear him. "i like your voice a lot."

"thanks. my dancing's not as good as jin-ae's, but at least my voice is nicer." yoongi nodded in response. "i'm going upstairs to get myself a drink, do you want anything?" it was obvious the group was not going to be leaving for a while at this rate.

"yeah, a coffee would be good if you have any." yoongi said, scratching the back of his neck as he watched the other members.

you nodded and headed upstairs, finally getting a chance to put your coat away. the top you were wearing went off the shoulders, which wasn't really a good idea considering it was winter, but you figured that when you wanted to go outside, you would take your coat. you quickly brewed two cups of coffee and brought them down with you. by the time you went back down, the members that still had their masks on had taken them off, and were now in a heated argument with your sister about the most attractive member. yoongi stood off to the side, not really willing to get involved as he eyed the pianos.

as you headed off in his direction, you caught a few lines of the argument.

"it's obviously me." jin said confidently, blowing a kiss.

jin-ae cleared her throat. "i think it's a tie between jungkook and jimin." she gestured to the two, who seemed to almost puff out their chests as jin went back to the guitars, dejected.

"what do you think, nari?" taehyung said, and all heads turned to you as you handed yoongi his coffee. you raised an eyebrow as jin-ae added in, "yeah! who do you think is more attractive, jimin or jungkook?"

"honestly?" everyone nodded. "i think it's suga."

yoongi almost choked on his coffee next to you as jin-ae puffed. "i meant between the two i mentioned, not out of everyone!" she whined. "you should make a list of who's the most attractive to who's the least attractive."

you paused for a moment. "but i don't want to make anyone feel bad..."

"mmm." jin-ae hummed in response. "that's true, i guess. you guys are all so cute though, how did we get so lucky to land you guys as friends? are we in a harem?"

you shook your head with a smile on your face and moved over to the pianos to sit down on one of the stools. no other customers came in for the day, and the time that you were open passed quicker than you thought it would. after the old antique cuckoo clock your grandparents had had ever since your parents were born chimed four times, you finally realized how late it was.

you got up from your seat and stretched, leaving your long empty coffee cup on top of the piano. "hate to kick you guys out, but it's closing time and i would quite like to eat tonight." the members whispered to themselves in a huddle for a minute as you went to stand beside your sister.

namjoon finally turned around after they'd finished. "would you like to join us for dinner? we have a place at a diner booked."

"i would rather sle-" "we'd love to!" jin-ae interrupted, elbowing you in the stomach.

and with that, the nine of you headed down the street. you'd gotten your coat from upstairs, but the night air was still way too cold. you found yourself walking side by side with yoongi at the end of the pack. in front of you, was jimin, jungkook, and jin-ae, talking about idols and shows. in front of them, hoseok and taehyung were having a weird conversation that you couldn't quite make out, but they were both making very weird hand gestures. at the front, namjoon and jin walked along like two parents responsible for their kids.

deciding to break the silence between the two of you, yoongi spoke up. "what kind of music do you like?"

"i like ballads a lot since they fit my voice well, but i also like hip hop a lot. i can't rap to save my life, though." you added with a giggle. "yourself?"

"i like hip hop too. i mainly listen to western rappers."

you nodded along at his words. you didn't listen to that much music nowadays out of fear of spending too much money on phone bills or cds. but when your parents were still alive, you listened to quite a lot of music since they had the bills covered. you still had some music left over on your phone, but you didn't really listen to it anymore. "hey, i wanted to ask, why do you come to my performances so often if you're really busy from being an idol?"

yoongi dragged his feet along the stone path while he walked. at your words, he looked up from where his gaze was placed on the ground to lock eyes with you. "i like your voice, and i'm not that busy on saturdays."

you had a sneaky suspicion that he was lying, but you had no time to confront him as the group crossed the street, coming to a stop in front of a small diner. namjoon waved the group in one at a time, and the waitress beckoned you to a table in the back. there were still people in the restaurant, but it was hard to recognize the group when they had their masks and hats on. the table in the back was hidden by a curtain, and it was a low to the ground table with cushions surrounding it. somehow, you found yourself jammed between jin and suga. you sighed. it was going to be a long night. but hey, at least there was free food.