The Soulmate Issue

The doctor arrived fairly quickly to the BTS dorms. I guess when you're rich and have a major company backing you, doctors come to you instead of you going to them.

Doctor Park, as he introduced himself kind eyes and a gentle demeanor. I trusted him to be competent enough examen Areum aka me.

Shooing the guys out Taehyung's room, Doctor began my examination.
Asking about my memory and what I could and couldn't remember.

I told him that I basically could only remember my name and the names of my soulmates.

I left out the fact that I wasn't actually Areum. My memories as myself were perfectly fine. I was only worried about being trapped in Areum's body for the rest of my life instead of my own.

Completing a full physical and neural exam, which I seemed to pass with flying colors. Doctor Park scanned my head to check for any brain damage or bleeding, using a small scanning device that I seriously wished existed in my own reality.

There was nothing physically wrong with Areum aka me, other than having a sudden onset of amnesia.

Doctor Park wanting to make sure there was no other reason for my amnesia, asked to draw some bloodwork.

I hate needles, but I consented to let the doctor draw my blood.

With the doctor finishing up. I decided to ask the doctor what his opinion might be?

"Well Ms. Lee (that's what I've discovered to be Areum's last name)...I don't see anything psychically wrong with you at this point. I still want to know what your blood work will reveal, but I don't have a clear answer for you. Normally, I would admit you to the hospital for observation but I don't want to interfere with your soulmate bond."

"What's a soulmate bond?" I questioned.

Doctor Park patiently explained to me that in this reality, you either got a soulmate bond or you didn't.

Soulmate bonds occurred after pairing with a soulmate group.

Soulmate groups consisted of one woman and man (as was the norm in my reality) or one woman and seven men.

It was only within bonded soulmate groups that procreation was possible.

Soulmate pairing occurred through a process of pheromones and DNA match signaling that activated when sexually mature and near your soulmate(s).

In Areum's case, soulmate pairing had just occurred a few days ago. When she had crossed paths with BTS leaving a restaurant. Causing soulmate pairing marks to painfully emerge on the left hand, of every individual of the soulmate group.

Once soulmate pairing was complete, Doctor Park explained soulmate bonding must occur through mating within one month. Or else each unmated soulmate group member would quickly weaken and die from a cancer-like disease that happened in poor soulmate bonds.

No wonder BTS was taking Areum's aka my behavior so seriously. Our lives were at stake!

Because of the probability of being in a soulmate group, everyone in this reality remained a virgin until soulmate pairing happened or you were past the age of thirty when soulmate pairing no longer occurred.

Dating or unpairing sex as the doctor put it, was something reserved only for the unbonded.

I was literally a born again virgin!

And if I understood Doctor Park correctly, I had to deflower BTS or die!

Granted, it wouldn't be particularly hardship to have sex with each member of BTS. They all were pretty good looking.