Chapter Eighty One

Mulai dari awal

A light flashed in Lily's pocket, from the communication device the Order had given them. She yawned, before reaching in her pocket for it, pulling it out.

"Oh-- Potter. James, wake up. The Order.", she whispered, showing him the flashing hair clip.

"Hmm?", he asked sleepily. "The Order.", she repeated.

"Eurgh. I'm coming.", he said, yawning and putting his glasses on.

"Do we wake Remus?", Peter asked sleepily, as he woke up.

"I think we should-- we don't know why they're calling us.", Lily said. Sirius stretched, tying his hair back.

"What are we, lapdogs?", he grumbled, shaking Remus softly.

"You are.", James snorted. "Padfoot is a majestic dog, for your information.", Sirius scoffed.

Remus yawned, turning around. "Rem, the Order-- they need us.", Sirius whispered softly.

He woke up, stretching. "How's your chest?", Lily asked softly.

"Much better.", Remus said, the corner of his mouth quirking up.

order meeting

"Sorry to call you all here this early, but you might as well get used to it. I've called you here because there are several missions where we received intel on Death Eaters and their whereabouts.", Moody began.

"Potter, Webber, Marlene, Stanley. You go to Edinburgh tonight. They plan to attack the village of Muggles tonight, but you only come back Thursday morning.", Kingsley said, his voice deep, as he held eye contact with each one of them.

His eyes locked with Stanley, before moving on.

"Sirius, Stevens, Dorcas, Alice. You go to Bath. You leave tomorrow morning."

"Evans, Torres, Yang. You go to Manchester. Same time."

"Pettigrew, Robbins, Reed. Brighton."

"Uh-- Professor? Tomorrow's the full moon.", Peter stuttered.

"Wormtail.", Remus hissed. Dumbledore looked at him thoughtfully, tilting his head to the side as he walked from the table, the four boys following.

"Tomorrow is the full moon, hmm.", Dumbledore said slowly. "Yes.", Sirius said, staring at him.

"With all due respect, boys, it won't matter. Remus is by himself for the full moons, you're only there for him after, right?", Dumbledore asked curiously.

James opened his mouth to speak, not saying anything. "Er. Yes, sir. I'm alone, they're just here for me after.", Remus nodded, his lips pressed together.

Dumbledore nodded, as they walked to the table, as Kingsley finished giving out the remaining missions.

"I suggest you go home, and get ready. We have some trying missions ahead of us.", Kingsley advised.

flat

"Rem, are you sure? I can drop the mission.", Sirius insisted, looking up at Remus.

"I'm sure. You can't give this up.", Remus said softly.

"You sure, Moons? There'll be plenty of missions.", James added.

"And there'll be plenty of moons for you to join me on.", Remus said firmly.

"I can send Mary down here-- to check on you.", Lily said, biting her lip nervously.

"Only if she wants to.".

James checked his watch, standing up. "I- I need to leave. I'll see you guys-- er, hopefully", he stuttered nervously.

"You will see us. I love you", Lily said firmly, kissing his cheek.

"I love you, too."

"You'll be fine.", Sirius said, pulling him into a hug, as Remus and Peter did the same.

"I really have to go guys, stop before the waterworks start.", he let out a laugh, pulling apart.

He disappeared through the fireplace, leaving the flat quiet.

"Please, please let him be okay.", Lily whispered into the silence.

Peter put a comforting hand on Lily's shoulder, hugging her. "Agh, sorry. I need to get it together.", she sniffled, letting out a small laugh.

"We should get some sleep, we have to be up and early.", Lily said, tying her hair up.

edinburgh- james' mission

James stepped out of the fireplace, watching as his other three partners stepped out of their own.

Stanley, Adele, Marlene, walked to the middle of the clearing, wands out.

"Ready?", Adele asked, pulling her dreadlocks back. "Stakeout, right?", Stanley asked, as they headed towards the Scott Monument.

"Yeah.", James nodded, as they snuck through the back entrance.

"So, I figure we should get to know each other, hmm?", Marlene said, after a beat, as they crouched down behind a pillar. Adele nodded, puckering her lips.

"Er, I'm Adele. I graduated Hogwarts a year ago, and I've been an auror since. I live with my sister.", she said.

"I'm Stanley. I graduated two years ago, and I've been an auror for a year. I live with my--er, my boyfriend, Kingsley.", he whispered the last part.

"I'm James-- I graduated this year, I live with my girlfriend-- well, fiance, Lily. And three of my friends, Sirius, Remus, and Peter."

"Marlene. I live with my girlfriend, Dorcas, and sometimes I go to Potter's house if I get bored.", she smirked, shoving him playfully.

"Your friends-- Sirius and Remus, they're together, aren't they?", Adele asked.

"They are.", James nodded. "How's it going for them-- you know, with the secret relationship?", she asked.

"Er-- yeah, they're good. What about you and Dorky?", James asked, turning to Marlene.

Marlene nodded slowly, playing with the necklace on her chest.

"We'll take rounds. Stanley and Adele can sleep first, we can switch.", James said softly. 

next morning-- flat 

"Moony, are you sure?", Sirius asked again, to Remus lying down on the couch. "I'll be just fine, Pads.", Remus said, for the tenth time. 

"If you're sure.", Peter said, throwing on his coat. 

"Remus, look. The shed's all set up. Your meds are on the top counter. Clean clothes are on the shelf. I made food for the next two days just in case you get hungry. Mary's dropping in tomorrow morning.", Lily said, ticking off her fingers. 

"Wow-- thanks, Mum.", Remus joked. "Look, you're going to be late. Be careful, alright?", he said. 

"You be careful, Remus.", Lily said, kissing the top of his forehead and hugging Sirius and Peter, before disappearing into the fireplace. 

"I should go too, Moony. Stay safe, alright? Chocolate's in the fridge.", Peter smiled, before going in, too. 

Sirius kissed Remus' lips softly, putting his head into his chest. "Please stay safe.", Remus whispered. "I'll be fine, love. You too.", Sirius whispered, kissing him one last time, before going through the fireplace. 

Remus inhaled Sirius' scent, breathing it in, and savouring it.