Next thing I know I’m completely surrounded and everyone’s shouting at me. The girl directly in front of me is cussing me out because I stole her future husband. A girl who’s farther back that I can’t see is saying I’m a great singer. The girl directly to my left is trying to tell me I’m pretty and is asking me for my autograph. I signed the back of her Austin picture as fast as I could and the crowd swallowed her up as more girls force themselves towards me. I ignore the bad names coming from some of the crowd and sign more and more papers. The bad names got louder as they all managed to get closer to me. 

Someone pulls on the back of my shirt. Someone else grabs at my hair. “Why aren‘t you with your boyfriend? Did he break up with you because you‘re ugly and worthless?”

I was getting pushed then. “Get off me!”

The girl behind me pulled my hair. “What? You don‘t like the attention? Seems like you‘ve been trying too hard to get some.”

I swung around until she released my hair. I started trying to push through the crowd to get closer to the door, but they pushed me back and kept going on their rant. I looked around desperately to see if any of the guys got left outside too. I didn’t see anyone. 

People were still pushing and calling names. The same girl was still clawing at my head but I kept pushing her back. I was thankful for the fact that a lot of the girls calling me names hadn’t bothered to touch me. Someone grabbed my wrist and I let out a small squeal as I turned around to see who it was.

My first reaction was to go into full out panic mode. It was a guy with the hood of his sweatshirt pulled over his eyes. I tried to rip my wrist out of his grasp but he held tight. “Calm down, Liv. It‘s just me.”

He lifts the hood of his sweatshirt up just enough for me to see its Drew. I sigh with relief. “Get me out of here!”

He started pushing girls as hard as he could with his body and held down his hood so no one could mess with it. The second the crowd started to thin out he broke into a sprint and pulled me back towards the car. Several girls had broken out to chase us, assuming Drew was actually Alex. As the car came into sight, he let go of his hood and it fell back as he pulled a set of keys out of his pocket. He pressed a button on the tiny remote and the lights on the red car lit up and Drew ran just a little bit faster as the girls behind us closed in. 

He ripped the door to the back seat of the car open as soon as it was in reach and pulled me through the door. I scrambled to pull it shut behind me. Drew locked it from the other side. Girls started crowding around the car, unsure of what to do. 

I laid back against the seat and tried to catch my breath. It had been awhile since I ran like that. Drew looked around at all of the girls that were surrounding us. “This is crazy!”

I nodded. “How did you find me? I thought you made it inside.”

He shrugged. “They were all flipping out when they couldn‘t find you. They even put out like a search team of fans, but no one saw you. That‘s when someone told us they had to cut people off from coming in and we knew you must have still been outside. Alex and Austin wanted to come find you, but Scott wouldn‘t let them because that would‘ve been more like self sacrifice than a rescue mission, so Dave‘s brother gave me his sweatshirt and they sent me out with the car keys in case I couldn‘t get you back inside. They weren‘t expecting this.”

I looked around as a couple girls started banging on the windows. “Thanks. I was getting pretty scared.” I gave him a hug and backed off again. “How‘re we getting back to everyone else?”

Drew sighed and shook his head. “I have no clue.” 

More girls gathered around the car and it started seeming more and more like we were trapped forever. “What did you guys do?”