Meditation

Updated/Revised Chapter

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic raging around the world...I've been stuck all alone in quarantine inside my tiny shoe-boxed sized New York city apartment for months. Lonely, bored, and depressed from the endless forced isolation...I felt like I was going out of my mind from the monotony of the 'new normal'. The only thing keeping me from totally spiraling off the deep end and becoming suicidal or an alcoholic - were quick jaunts to the grocery store for food, Netflix, and a newfound love of BTS!

In these troubling times...BTS had become my lifesavers!

Up until the pandemic hit in 2020...the only thing I'd known about BTS was from I'd seen from catching their two performances of 'Boy with Love' and 'Mic Drop'...on SNL back when Emma stone hosted in 2019. It wasn't until fate or YouTube algorithms had placed their music video for 'Save ME' into my feed a few months ago, that I started to truly appreciate this hugely popular of this Korean boy band or K-pop group.

Clicking on that video out of simple curiosity and boredom. I'd immediately been transfixed by the catchy beat of the song. From the mood, visuals, to the subtitled lyrics - everything about BTS's 'Save ME' spoke directly to my heart and soul. It seemed to perfectly reflect everything that I'd been feeling and experiencing since the start of this terrible pandemic and quarantine. I'd been yearning for something or someone to save me from this mess...and somehow that's exactly what BTS did! They were like a beacon of light, that saved me from the yawning darkness of these troubling times and led me back to the path of happiness!

This song had felt like a literal godsend! In the past, I'd heard of people claiming that some particular song or artist had helped them through overcoming a particularly rough time in life...but this was my first time experiencing it firsthand. For the first time in my life...I began to truly understand the magic of music.

Of course...after this I'd become completely hooked on everything BTS! Like a pied piper 'Save ME' had led me down the rabbit hole. I'd felt like I'd stumbled into a new magical world.

With nothing else to do during quarantine besides Zoom Meetings and working from home...I turned on the subtitles and dove straight into the deep end to learn everything I could about Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook. After spending countless hours watching BTS music videos, 'V-live's', 'Bangtan Bombs', 'Run BTS' episodes - I quickly found myself becoming a full-fledged fan of BTS.

  After spending countless hours watching BTS music videos, 'V-live's', 'Bangtan Bombs', 'Run BTS' episodes - I quickly found myself becoming a full-fledged fan of BTS

Each of these authentic, talented, dedicated, and entertaining men - truly deserved everything that they'd managed to achieve since their debut in 2013. And despite all their successes and awards...it was inspiring and admirable how humble and grateful BTS were to their fans known as ARMY.

I swear if they're just faking their personas...each of them truly deserves to win Oscar!

The only regret I have about falling into their fandom...was discovering just how tempting and hot BTS could be in their 'thirst trap' videos - these were sweet, sweet torture! How in the hell can they transform from soft, cute, funny, an adorable guys - to sexy in milliseconds? Their duality was off the charts!