(25) Love vs. Lust

Start from the beginning

“Yip” I replied smiling to myself. As soon as I had agreed that I would go I decided that I would phone Gordon later and ask him if he would go with me. I wasn’t sure if he would since a lot of the kids and teachers might recognize him. If he didn’t want to go I will just go alone and stay for a while to make Shelby happy. She looked at me a bit confused before she spoke again.

“Well, who are you going to ask?” She questioned curiously.

“This guy I met the other day but I’m not sure if he’ll go” I replied still smiling.

“Ok this is just weird, why are you smiling and who is this guy? Did I miss something?” Shelby asked looking at me accusingly.

“I guess you did, everything’s just been so crazy that I haven’t told you about him yet. His name is Gordon” I answered feeling all giddy to be talking about him.

“Do I know him?” Shelby asked looking at me excitedly.

“I don’t think so, he’s nineteen, he works at the ice cream parlor” I answered.

“An older guy huh?” Shelby teased laughing at me.

“He’s not that much older, only three years and it doesn’t matter anyway, I like him” I admitted. I think it was much more then like I felt towards him but Shelby didn’t need to know that.

Shelby nodded her head and continued fitting on clothes for a while before she spoke again.

“What about Cole?” she asked, sounding a bit nervous bringing up his name.

“I thought I was in love with him but I didn’t know what love felt like, I was attracted to him but that is all it was, he is a jerk and whatever there was between us is over. I think I made that very clear last night” I answered trying not to think about it too much.

“He was at your house last night?” Shelby questioned.

“Yip and he admitted that he lied to me about sleeping with Reagan, he told me he loves me but I just can’t forgive him for that and even if I did I know now that I’m not in love with him so it won’t change anything” I answered. Shelby nodded her head in understanding and dropped the subject.

We spend about another hour fitting on clothes until we had both found the perfect outfits. Shelby had gone for a tight fitting red dress that was so short it should have been illegal. I on the other hand bought a little black dress. I felt a bit uncomfortable in it but it fit me perfectly and I have to admit that it made me look kind of hot which doesn’t happen often. I was going to take a cute pink dress but Shelby hid it from me and insisted that I take the black one telling me that she had never seen me look so good in anything before. I reluctantly let her buy it along with a pair of high heels. When we were finally done shopping Shelby insisted that she take me to the ice cream parlor to say hi to Gordon and of course she wanted to meet him.

I walked into the ice cream parlor with Shelby following close behind me. Gordon was standing at one of the booths handing a little boy an ice cream. As he turned around he saw me and his whole face lit up. My heart leaped in my chest and I watched as his lips turned up into a smile. He dashed over to my and pulled me into a hug lifting my legs from the floor. He held me for a while and it took Shelby clearing her throat next to us for him to put me back down on my feet and take a step back.

“Gordon, this is Shelby, my friend from school. Shelby this is Gordon my…” I said but trailed off unsure of what to call him.

“Her friend from the ice cream parlor” Gordon filled in making me blush. We both knew he was much more than just my friend.

“Yeah right, friends don’t hug like that” Shelby said jokingly making us both laugh.

Gordon had to go serve some customers so Shelby and I sat down at a booth talking and joking. We both had an ice cream and then Shelby excused herself claiming that she had something she had to go do. I knew she was lying but I was grateful anyway. It was almost time for Gordon to finish so I waited at the booth for him.  He only worked till six pm so as soon as his replacement arrived we left.

I could tell that he was really happy to see me since he didn’t stop smiling once.

“So you’re my friend from the ice cream parlor?” I joked as we reached his car in the parking lot.

“Well, I couldn’t exactly tell her that I’m your superhero, now could I?” Gordon laughed as he unlocked the passenger door for me. I got in laughing and watched as he walked around the car. He got in and was about to start the car but I grabbed his hand and held it tightly in mine before he could.

“I’m serious, what do I call you. My friend from the ice cream parlor doesn’t quite do it for me” I asked feeling nervous. The goofy smile that was on his face disappeared and turned into an intense gaze. My heart sped up and I had to look away. I didn’t realize it before but it was getting quite dark outside and the little parking lot was empty except for a few abandoned cars on the other side.

He lifted his hand to my face and tilted my head so that I was looking straight into his eyes. I swallowed my breath as my body went crazy.

“I’ll be whatever you want me to be but I was thinking that maybe I could be your boyfriend” he whispered, his breath warm on my lips.

“That sound much better” I replied, my voice shaking slightly from anticipation. His lips turned up into a smile and then he did something that I didn’t expect. He let go of my face and hand and grabbed a hold of my waist, pulling me onto his lap.

He looked deep into my eyes for a second and then pressed his lips tightly against mine, sending a rush of pleasure down my body. I kissed him back hungrily, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands that were still on my waist tightened around my body as he pulled me closer to him.

The kiss was gentle and slow just like the previous ones but this time he didn’t pull away. After about a minute or two I pulled away feeling breathless and lightheaded. I smiled at him feeling like I was in my own little heaven.

“I should probably take you home now” Gordon said, his voice still rough and sexy from the kissing.

“I don’t want to go home” I complained, refusing to get off of his lap.

“What exactly do you want to do?” he asked chuckling at me.

“This” I replied, pressing my lips to his again.