Chapter 25

"Now even Danzo," Koharu comments as Kakashi and I stood beside one another before them, we finally had the chance to speak to them about our findings. "What a shame, the more gifted they are the sooner they pass," Homura said I bit my tongue at snapping at him with something that would not please them. They had walked a long path with Danzo, so much so their sight had become blurry when he had manipulated them, he had caused many problems for us over the years and had tore webs of relationships along the way. If I was being honest, I'm somewhat glad he's gone and that his face was never carved next to our village legends. Sure he did it all for the greater good of the village, but his methods were wrong and unnecessary. 

"We must convene a council meeting right away to determine the next Hokage," Koharu said looking at Homura, who didn't meet her eyes as he spoke about the Allied Shinobi forces being delayed if there is no Hokage. "Well then it can't be helped, we will recommend you, Kakashi, for the position." making me take a glance towards him with a small smile ghosting my lips. I wonder what Obito would have thought about this. "Especially since our allay, the Sand, has recommended you." the Elder continued, I could tell she didn't seem all in this, but they had no choice. All things aside, I know for a fact that Kakashi is a great candidate for Hokage so my only curious thought is to why they didn't recommend him first of. Sure Danzo is much older with maybe a little more experience, but not even the Third wanted to recommend him to take his place. That must mean something, don't you think. "I am prepared," Kakashi said breaking my moment of deep thought.  "That didn't take much convincing." The male Elder spoke as if it was suspicious. I clenched my fist about to fire back, I hated these two with a burning passion. They are just as guilty as Danzo and Lord Third for the Uchiha incident, also they are trying to force the old methods of this world to the point that they are blinded that it's a new area with many differences. Oh, and how I hate that they want to cage Naruto up like he is some wild animal to look at, sure they might be wise.. but they are too stubborn to lead the next generation of our village. Kakashi grabbed my hand and forced me to relax, knowing if I did something brash it will only backfire. 

"Of course it is a bit out of character for me to be Hokage," Kakashi retaliated, "It's fine, I will go request a meeting with the feudal lords. Return home and prepare until you're called Koharu said breaking the tension that was starting to crystalize. "There really isn't anything for me to prepare for," Kakashi calmly said as we started to turn ready to walk out hand in hand. But we were stopped as Homura called out Kakashi's name. 

"Kakashi, let me just say one thing to the next Hokage. Danzo was ambitious, but all he did was for the sake of this village." the male Elder spoke, "Hiruzen in the light and Danzo in the dark, everything in the village went so smoothly back then." Koharu said and finally I couldn't hold back anymore as I scoffed. "Yeah, so smoothly it ended up killing of almost a whole clan and ruining not only a teenager's life, but destroying and innocent child." I spat before spinning around and leaving, practically flinging Kakashi's hand out mine after he had gave it a squeeze as if it would be able to calm me. But I was raging, it was just surprised that I didn't launch at them or try to put them under a painful Genjutsu. Only a few seconds later, as I was kicking a rock into a pile of building material causing to crash down, did I feel Kakashi's calming and strong arms wrap around my waist from behind.  "Hira, you need to calm down before you destroy what everyone has started to build." at his words and a light, but firm, squeeze from him did I calm only to start tearing up. "Why must there always be such trial and errors? Haven't we gone through enough?" I sighed as my voice broke slightly at the end as I wanted to cry. 

Kakashi quickly spun me around and pulled me to his chest as he sighed deeply resting his chin on my head. I knew he didn't have anything to say and comfort me when he did this as sometimes there just aren't any words that will make someone feel better. "Come on, I know what will make you feel better," he said and took my hand before walking down the streets whilst workers were busy rebuilding the few buildings we lost.  As we came to a stop by a railing overlooking some of the village, but mostly the Hokage faces. "I can't wait to see your face up there..." I sighed leaning on his arm as my other arm wrapped around his that I was leaning on. I glanced up at him when he didn't respond finding his eyes fixated on the fourth face making me look at it too. "Sensei would be very proud of you Kakashi." I spoked squeezing his arm making him look down at me. "he would be proud of both of us." Kakashi smiles down at me after saying that making me smile before it stretched into a grin. "I wonder what Obito would've thought about you becoming the next Hokage before he had the chance too." I giggled at Kakashi's scared face probably thinking about the tantrum he would've thrown, but ultimately Kakashi smiled. It turns out we both needed a little pick me up. 

"Kakashi!" Guy's voice almost cheered as he pulled Kakashi in a chokehold giving him a smile and thumbs up, I giggled as I watched the two. Kakashi was pulled slightly out of my hold by Guy as he had to look over Kakashi for any wounds making me giggle to the side of them drawing Guy's attention. "oh the lovely Lotus of Konoha!" He said crying slightly as he hugged me making me giggle even more, this was Guy for you.. being very extra. "uh Guy, mind releasing my wife... before she suffocates from all the laughing." Kakashi said making me laugh even more and my stomach started to hurt. "Well~, it's been a while," Guy started dragging the word as he let me go to start forming a pose, or trying to fight... not sure.  "How about a rematch," he finally said giving his signature thumbs-up, I had only calmed down as he was starting to do those poses and at the sight of Kakashi's unamused face it made me snort. Kakashi took a quick glance at me giving me a smile and that caused me to blush at how embarrassing it actually was to make that sound. 

"why is that?" Kakashi asked the bowl cut male, "Seriously? are you really asking why?" Guy made a pose mixed between thinking and saddness, bfore swiping his hand out like he does, "How could you even say that? Because we are rivals, forever and ever and ever... You might have won our love rivalry by winning the precious LLotus of the Leaves' heart. But that's why we have had hundreds of matches up til now." Started to raise his voice before spinning around really fast and posing like he was ready to run or fight or something. I giggled again, with Guy around... it seems that there were never any gloomy days. "Let's have one more," Guy said and Kakashi held out his fist ready to challenge him to a Rock, Paper, Scissor match once more making me shake my head. I watched as Guy stood back up and stretched slightly. "No Sharingan this time..." Guy said,

 I couldn't hold my laugh as they started chanting the Rock Paper Scissor words, but what got me was the dance

 I couldn't hold my laugh as they started chanting the Rock Paper Scissor words, but what got me was the dance. I laughed so hard I started to wheeze out breathlessly, "I think I pissed myself a little..." I wheezed doubling over unable to stand straight as I felt a little light-headed. "Noooooo!" Guy finally yelled as if he had snapped out of a trance, "Our match will be that." Guy said pointing behind Kakashi toward, what I'm guessing is the Hokage stone faces.

"I put a finish line up there and we shall race up there," Guy said and I knew Kakashi wanted to protest. "Guy this isn't the time for-" Guy cuts him off, "yes, I know. That's exactly why I want a hot-blooded challenge between us rivals, right now. You'll accept it won't you, my rival?" guy said and I could tell Kakashi was about to decline before I grabbed his arm and made him look at me. "Come on Kakashi, you need a little break and I could use the entertainment of you two being idiots together," I said smiling up at him making him give in as he sighed. "You're right, no time like the present," Kakashi said looking towards the Hokage faces and giving my hand a squeeze and I returned the favour. "Alright let's do this then," Guy said as the two fist-bumped and then high-fived one another. "Oh! I wanna give the go!" I chirped like an excited child as they got ready to take off. 

We headed to the entrance of the village per Guy's request. "So why are we starting all the way over her?" Kakashi asked as I was looking for a stone to throw in the air. "Because I wanna enjoy this challenge to the absolute fillest," Guy said just as I yelled out that I found a rock causing Kakashi to chuckle and Guy to cheer. "You guys ready?" I asked as I came to stand between them, I don't really want to take place in this so I'll just transport to the finish line and watched from there with my Byakugan. They both gave me their heads up and then I threw the stone slightly in the air and as it hit the ground the wind whipped my hair back as they rushed to win. And as I said before, I quickly transported to the top where they will end and activated my Kekkei Genkai and watched the two. Laughing at their actions and expressions even the commotion they were causing all through the village. 

*A/N- just skip to the fight... if you wanna watch it again and brighten your day.*