(18) I don't believe we've officially met.

We drive back to the gang's base. I get into my car with Klarissa again.

"How did you find it?" I ask her as I start the car.

"Find what?" She asks.

"The mission" I say and start driving.

"It's not over yet" She smirks. I just smile. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing, I'm just tired" I say. She smiles softly and squeezes my shoulder. I look at her and smile too. "You know, in the whole time I've ever been in the gang, this is the only time I've ever actually been tired" I tell her.

"It's probably because you haven't been here for over a year and you've forgotten how hard you have to work" She says. I nod in agreement and the rest of the ride is silent.

When we finally arrive at the gang base, it's silent. Everyone's probably out doing a mission or something. I lead Klarissa to where we keep people captive. She looks around in fear so I put my arm around her.

"It's okay, I promise" She nods and follows me. I stand outside of the room and knock a few times before Spencer comes out. I smile softly.

"Hey" He whispers.

"Hey" I whisper back. He kisses my forehead and lets me go in. I see Davina sat down on one of the chairs in front of Johnny. I look to Klarissa. "You don't have to watch this" I say. She nods and she leaves the room which I appreciate.

"How long do you think it will take till he wakes up?" Davina asks.

"If my theory is correct then he should wake up. Right. About. Now" I say and just like that,he starts to wake up.

"Clever" She smirks. I smirk back stand in front of him.

"Good, you're awake" I say. He groans and looks up. His face fills with fear when he sees me.

"Who are you?" He asks.I take a step back from him and put all my weight onto my leg side and put my hand on my hip.

"I don't believe we've officially met, I'm Ashley" I say. He looks at me intensely. Then realization hits him.

"You got out?" He asks. I smirk and walk closer to him.

"Yes and when you mess with me or Davina" I say gesturing over to Davina who he instantly recognizes. "Or any one of my gang, you get a world of pain, no matter who you are or who you work for" I can sense the fear coming from him.

"Why are you doing this?" He asks.

"It's a beautiful thing called Revenge, Johnny. And you shouldn't tamper with it" I say and I send a blow to his face.

"You're a monster" He groans and then spits some blood from his mouth.

"I know. And I love it" I tell him and I hit him again. This continues for a while.

 Spencer's POV

I stand outside the door where Johnny is and lean my head against the wall. I look over to Klarissa who looks scared.

"You don't have to stay down here you know. You can go home if you like" I say to her. She shakes her head and looks at me.

"I wanna stay" I nod and look down at the floor. "So are you and Ashley an item then or something?" She asks. I smile sightly.

"I love her. I always have and I told her and she basically told me she felt the same. I don't know whether she loves me or not though but we're going on a date. Sooner rather than later hopefully"

"I think there's something wrong with her" Klarissa says. This gets my attention.

"What do you mean?" I ask her and stand upright. She sighs.

"She seems stressed. And I don't mean like a normal kind of stressed, I mean like extremely stressed. You should make that date as soon as you can. She could use a nice night. Ever since I've been staying with her, she just won't stop working and she's stressing herself out" Klarissa says with concern. I nod.

"She'll be fine. It's Ashley. She gets through everything" Klarissa nods in agreement and we go into silence.

"So how did you two meet?" She asks. I smile. 

"We met a few weeks after she joined the gang. We were in training. I was about 12 and she was 11. She was working with the knives and stuff like that so I went over to her and asked her if she needed any help. She asked how to get closer to the heart on the target.

"So I showed her. That was when we really met but we pretended we didn't know each other when my father introduced us" I say looking down slightly.

"I'm sorry about your father, he sounded like a great man" She says.

"He was. He was such a kind person despite being in a gang. Very much like Ashley really. She acts all tough on the outside but really, she's the sweetest person ever. I remember my father used to tell us these sayings like what he was saying was special. One of my favourites was 'Two can keep a secret as long as-"

"Someone's dead" Klarissa finishes. I give her a confused look. "That's what Ashley said to me when we first met. She killed my boyfriend" I give her a look of horror. She killed Klarissa's boyfriend? "Don't worry. He really deserved it" I sigh in relief a little.

I'm about to reply when Ashley comes out of the room. Her fists cut and bloody. Klarissa looks at them in horror.

"You should go home Klarissa" I say. She nods still looking at Ashley's knuckles. When she leaves I turn towards Ashley. Her makeup is all over her face and you can see the bags underneath her eyes. She looks so tired. I can see her eyes drooping so I put my arm around her shoulder. "Come on, you can stay with me tonight" I say and lead her towards my bedroom in the gang's base. Some of us sleep here to stay out of our parents ways but  stay here so I can keep an eye on everything. To be honest, many of the gang actually sleep in the base.

"I'll  text your mom and tell her you're staying with me" She nods lightly and gets on the bed. Before I text her mom I hand Ashley some of my clothes for her to wear to bed. She smiles at me gratefully and goes to the bathroom to change. After I text her mom, I get changed and get into bed. Ashley soon comes in and gets in the bed beside me. "You look stressed" I tell her. She ignores my comment.

"He said he knew my father" She says. Guilt hits me when I remember that my dad killed hers.

"You should sleep. You're tired. We'll talk about it in the morning if you want. She nods and turns over, pressing her back against me. I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer. She snuggles into my arm and starts falling asleep. I place a kiss on  the side of her head before starting to sleep myself.

________

AWWWW. Cute right?

Thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

How do you think Johnny knew Ashley's dad? Let me know what you think!

Vote, Comment&Recommend to a friend (Totally legit rhyme!)

Also check out the trailer for this book which is linked on the side!

If you can't see it, here's the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXBcLILemKs