(25) Attack.

"I can't believe it" I say. Davina scoffs.

"I can" I give her a confused look. She sighs. "I've always been skeptical of Maisie and now, I'm glad I was" She says and stands up and goes over to the drinks trolley. "Whisky?" She asks.

"Yeah" I reply and sigh. "I just don't understand why she'd betray us like this" I breathe.

"She could have done it for all kinds of reasons" Davina tells me as she places my whiskey in front of me. "We just have to find out what they are"

"You're right" I say and take a sip of the drink.

"So how do you think we should approach it?" Davina asks. I shrug.

"No use asking me" I say.

"You're second in command!" She exclaims. "You're supposed to have an idea of what to do" I just shrug again making Davina sigh.

"We should probably go and ask Johnny about that note" I say standing up and finishing my drink quickly. Davina nods and we go to where he is. When we get there we walk straight in and see Johnny asleep in the chair he's tied up in.

We don't always keep the same spots just in case we have 2 attacks from the same gang. Then they'd know how we act to their attacks.

"Wake up sleepy head" Davina shouts kicking his chair making him jerk awake.

"What do you want?" He asks hoarsely.

"We wanna know about the note" I say sternly. He sighs.

"I'm not telling you where it is" He says. I'm about to kick him but he stops me. "I won't tell you. I'll show you" He says quickly making me lower my foot.

"How can we trust you? You could lead us straight to Serine" Davina tells him. Johnny sighs.

"And how in God's name would I possibly do that?" He asks.

"Through Maisie" I speak up. He lifts up his head. "She's working with Rico and Rico is working with Serine. You could just as easily do some kind of weird message to Maisie" I say.

"So you figured out it was Maisie?" He asks with a smirk.

"You were in the room when we figured it out" I state.

"I was half asleep, I don't remember any of that" He tells me.

"Well now we for sure can't let him out, he could tell Maisie we know" Davina tells me. I nod my head in agreement.

"Yeah you're right" I say and sigh. "We'll just have to beat it out of him won't we?" I ask but don't wait for an answer as I start kicking him and hitting him.

____________

"Was that really the best option?" Davina asks as we go to the medical room to have my knuckles cleaned up.

"It worked didn't it?" I ask her my voice sounding snappy.

"I guess" She mumbles and we go into the medical room.

"Ashley, what can I do for you?" Maggie, the woman who works in medical, asks.

"My knuckles need cleaning up" I say. She laughs a little and gestures for me to sit down.

"You and your knuckles" She chuckles. I give her a small smirk before leaning back in the chair and letting her clean them up. "How'd you do it this time?" She asks.

"Have you heard about the note?" I ask. She nods her head.

"Everyone in the gang have, even the cleaner I think" I laugh a little.