(19) Why did he do it?

Ashley's POV

I open my eyes slowly and adjust my eyes to the light. It takes me a few minutes to remember what happened last night. I feel someone's arm tighten around my waist making me turn to be faced with Spencer, who looks wide awake.

"Morning" He whispers. I smile.

"Morning" He kisses my lips softly making my smile widen. "What time is it?" I ask.

"10:30" He says. I jump up out of bed.

"Shit. I'm late for school" I say throwing on yesterday's clothes and tieing up my hair quickly.

"Can't you just stay here today?" Spencer groans. I sigh and turn towards him.

"No, I can't. I've already been off enough this week. It's Wednesday, Spencer, I need to go to school" I say sternly. He sighs and nods. He gets out of bed and walks over to me giving me a kiss on the lips.

"I love you" He whispers against my lips.

"I love you too" I tell him which takes him by surprise.

"You do?" He asks with a big grin on his face.

"I do" I say and kiss his lips one last time before leaving his room to go to school. I get a few 'hellos' on my way out which I quickly reply to. I hop into my car and drive quickly to school. When I get there I sign in at the office and then go to my first lesson. As I walk in the whole class stares at me. I see Davina near the back of the class next to Teddy who Ihaven't seen since the gang came back to town.

"Miss Palmer why are you late?" My teacher asks.

"Sorry, I overslept. I had a pretty late night" I answer sheepishly.

"Where you drinking?" He asks me. I shake my head.

"No sir"

"Alright, go and sit down" He sighs and I obey his order. I take a seat near the back which is close to Teddy and Davina. During the lesson, the teacher tells us to get into threes so I go with Davina and Teddy.

"Where have you been?" I ask giving him a quick hug.

"Missions and shit like that" He says. "How've you been? I head you and Spencer have been getting close" He teases. I push his arm hardly making him wince and give me an innocent look.

"Fuck off. He loves me and  love him. Judge and I'll kill you" I say and give him a sickly smile. Teddy raises his hands in surrender.

"Feisty I see" He jokes making me push his arm again.

The lesson goes by quickly an so does the rest of the day meaning by the time it's the end of the day, I'm exhausted. I've been really tired lately. It's probably just because I'm still getting used to how the gang works again. I hp into my car and wait for Klarissa. A few minutes later she comes out and she gets in the car.

"Hey" She says happily. I smile at her.

"Hey" I say and start driving home. When we get there the smell of food overwhelms us. We run to the kitchen on instinct and see my mom cooking some food.

"Whatcha making Miss Palmer?" Klarissa asks. My mom always protests against her calling her Miss Palmer and says that she should call her mom because Klarissa is like a daughter to her. My mom gives her a look making Klarissa sigh. "Okay, I'll try again. Mom, whatcha making?" She asks happily.

"Much better" My mom says making me laugh and shake my head. "Well, I'm making us all a big dinner because well, I'm awesome and awesome people do that for their kids" She says making me and Klarissa burst out laughing.