(15) Congratulations-A*.

Ashley's POV - Present time.

I hear the faint sound of beeping around me. I attempt to open my eyes but they stay shut. I have no idea how long I spend trying to open them but they eventually obey. However I instantly regret it as the light form the ceiling blinds me form the brightness.

"Fuck" I groan making someone swear as well. I turn my head as best I can, ignoring the pain, and see who's there's. I see Davina sat in the chair beside where I am.

"You're awake" She says softly. I look at her with a 'duh' face.

"Congratulations Davina, you know the difference between awake and asleep. A*" I say sarcastically making her roll her eyes. "Where the fuck am I?" I ask. Her face falls.

"Hospital" She says. I look at her sternly.

"Say agen?" I state in disbelief.

"Hospital" She says again. I scoff and shake my head.

"Bull shit" I say as I turn my head and start to sit up. "I'm not in hos........." I start trailing off when I see where I am. "Pital" I breathe finishing my sentence. I sigh and throw myself back onto the bed when an intense pain shoots through my stomach. I gasp and clutch it.

"Oh yeah, you got shot" Davina says as she sits back in her chair and checks her nails as if this happens all the time. In saying that-it always does.

"Again?" I breathe. She hums in response. I groan and make myself comfortable. "When can I leave?" I ask.

"I don't know. Tomorrow maybe?" She says as more of a question than an answer. I sigh and swing my legs over the edge of the bed, ignoring the pain. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" She asks.

"Finding out when I can fucking well go home" I say and start to make my way to reception. I see a doctor on the way there and I'm about to ask him where reception is when I see he's on the phone. I begin to walk past him when I hear my name being said.

"Yeah, Ashley Palmer is here. She got a bullet to the stomach. Yeah, it was Rico" He says, rolling the 'R'. "We'll inject her tonight. She won't last 10 minutes after that" He says. I hold in a gasp as I put my back against the wall which is around the corner. They're going to fucking kill me?

I rush back into my hospital room quickly making sure that the doctor didn't see me. Davina gives me a look of confusion when she sees I'm out of breath.

"We gotta get outta here" I say as I quickly start packing whatever is in the room of mine. Davina stands up and automatically stops me.

"What are you doing? You need to get back into bed" She says as she grabs my arm. I rip it out of her grip leaving her in shock.

"No! We have to get my shit together and leave" I yell at her and start changing as fast as I can trying not to scream in pain.

"Ashley stop it!" I don't listen to her. I finish up the packing and sling the bag over my shoulder. "Ashley what the hell is going on?" She whispers. I turn to her with no emotion on my face.

"They're gonna kill me, so we have to leave. Now" I don't give her a second to think about what the hell I just said. I grab her arm and we run to the doors as fast as we can. But of course, this is me and Davina we're talking about so someone obviously stops us.

"Excuse me miss. You need to get back to bed. You need to heal" A person whom I'm assuming is a doctor says. I turn around slowly and see it's the doctor who I caught on the phone. I smirk and walk slowly towards him.

"Why? So you can kill me?" His face fills with shock making my smirk widen. "Yea, I know about your little plan so tell whoever it is your working for," I lean closer to his ear and whisper, "Game on" I lean back and give him a sickly smile.

I start to back away on the heels of my feet before turning to walk forwards but not before sending him a wink first.

"Are you just asking for a death sentence?" Davina jokes as we walk out of the hospital. I smirk as we get in her car.

"Something like that"

________

"Oh sweetie, you're okay" Mom breathes as she hugs me tight. I groan in pain but I hug her back just as tight. I smile slightly.

"I'm okay" I whisper into her shoulder. I feel her smile making mine grow wider. I pull back and see there's tears in her eyes. I sigh slightly and wipe away a stray. "Mom, please stop crying. I'm okay. t's nothing new" I joke. She looks at me sadly.

"I've been such a terrible mother to you Ashley. I should have been there for you when you're father left, not going out like I was. I made you look after your siblings all by yourself and you were so young" Her tears start flowing more freely making me chuckle a little.

"Mom, it's okay. I forgave you a long time ago" I say softly. She nods and smiles slightly. She looks over to the door and wipes her tears away and then puts on a big smile. At first I'm confused but I look over to the door and see Kira and Luke, my brother and sister. They rush over to me and I hug them tightly.

"I missed you" Kira says making me laugh a little.

"Me too!" Luke exclaims giving me a grin. I smile at them.

"Well I'm home now so what do you say we get Spencer, Mommy, Davina and then we can all go out for the rest of the day? My treat" I say. They nod enthusiastically making me smile and I push them towards the door so they can go and get ready.

I pull out my phone and call Spencer.

"Ashley?" He says when he picks up the phone.

"Yep. Listen I'm taking Luke and Kira out with Davina and my mom. Do you wanna come?" I ask hopefully.

"Yea, sure I'll be over in soon" Spencer says. I smile slightly. UGH. What is with all this smiling? I smirk, not smile!

"Great" I say and hang up the phone.

________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

And thanks so much you guys for over 8k reads, over 250 votes, and over 30 comments.

It means a lot!

Vote, Comment& Recommend to a friend (Totally legt rhyme!)