(11) Lose focus-lose your life.

So like I said in the last chapter I will be sending messages to everyone who has voted on my story so far! Check your inbox if you have! It might take me a while since I started this book in November but I won't forget anyone! Anyway! On with the chapter!

____________________

Ashley's POV

"The key point of this is focus. Look at the target and aim. If you lose focus, you lose your life" I say watching the new gang members closely. Fear and determination is written all over their faces so I give them a sickly smile. "No pressure" Some of them shake their heads whilst scoffing, others just stare.

"Alright, we'll have George Nesbitt first up" I say and walk over to the knife throwing targets. It's been a week since I changed my whole appearance. People still stare but I'm used to it by now. We managed to recruit 15 new members-one of them being Klarissa. "Followed by Charlie Rosewood, Jamie Clarke, Phoebe Evans and then Samantha Peterson. The rest of you can relax until it's your turn" They all do as they're told. The new recruits walk over next to me except for George who goes over to the targets.

George turns to me for confirmation to start so I nod.

After an hour everyone has completed 3 rounds of knife throwing. I'm about to go and talk to them when my phone beeps. I open up the text.

They're pretty good aren't they? Make sure one of their knives doesn't end up your way;)

-GM

I look around to see if someone is watching. When I see no one I look back down at the text. GM. Who the hell is GM? I shake it off and walk over to the new members.

"Alright! Everyone listen up!" Everyone immediately turns to me. "You did well today, but remember what I said-if you lose your focus, you lose your life! And if you lose your life-it means you made a mistake, and we don't make mistakes here in Stellar Rippers" Everyone nods so I dismiss them. I take a seat in the training room and stare at the text. I'm interrupted when someone comes into the room. I look up and see Lucas-the other computer nerd here in the base.

"There's someone here to see you" Lucas says. I thank him and walk to the front of the building. When I walk out, I see Jase.

"What do you want?" I growl at him.

"I told you to lay low!" He growls back. I just smirk.

"I thought on weekends you were out with your gang for a drink?" I question. Today is Saturday and Jase's gang normally go out for some drinks.

"Don't change the subject! I specifically told you to lay low, and did you? NO!" He shouts but I don't flinch.

"Someone's on their period" I mumble then look at Jase again "If you're only here to yell at me then leave because I don't care for your whiney little ass" I say and walk back into the building. I go to Spencer's office to tell him I'm leaving when I hear someone in there.

"Why did you let her back?" The voice asks angrily.

"We have no other choice plus she needs our help and we need hers. Deal with it Maisie" Maisie?

"She doesn't know yet does she?" Maisie asks. Wait. Know what?  I decide to enter the room making Spencer stare at me in shock and Maisie smirks at me.

"What don't I know Spencer?" I ask sternly. He isn't fazed by my tone so I walk up to him and grab his collar bringing his face centimeters away from mine. "I'm going to ask you one more time before the damage is done Spencer. What don't I know?" I growl at him. Fear creeps into his eyes and changes his facial expression.

"M-my dad, h-he killed your f-father" Spencer stutters. I instantly let go of him in shock. I take a step away from him as my eyes begin to flood with tears.

"Not so tough now, are you?" Maisie asks smugly. I run out of the building and then as far as I can until my legs hurt and I can't breathe anymore. I sit in the spot where I sunk to my knees for a few more minutes until I decide to finally stand. After taking a few deep breaths, I begin to walk. I don't know where though.

An hour later, I end up back at home. I send Klarissa a text so she doesn't worry about me. I warm myself up some pasta from last nights dinner and begin to eat it. When I'm about half way through my pasta, the door goes. I reach for one of the guns that I keep locked in a drawer. I open it with ease. Wait a minute, I ALWAYS lock that drawer.

The banging on the door continues so I slowly edge towards it, my eyes darting around my surroundings in case of a surprise attack. I'm about to open the door when someone's hand goes over my mouth. I freeze until I hear the voice.

"It's just me" Jase whispers. I sigh in relief then a thought hits me.

"How the hell did you get into my house?" I whisper. He just shrugs me off. "Who's out there?" I ask. He shrugs again making me sigh and clutch my gun tightly after removing the safety. "Well, there's only one way to find out"

I move away from Jase quickly so he can't grab me. I swing open the door and gun shots instantly start ringing through my ears. I duck just in time to miss the bullets that are flowing our way.

"You stupid bitch!" Jase growls. I glare at him and he stops growling. When the shots stop, I stand up.

"Was it really necessary to break my door? I mean, it's vintage" I say sarcastically making the attackers confused. I just smirk. "What do you want?" I ask sternly.

"We're here for Ashley Palmer" One of them says.

"I'm Ashley. Now what do you want with me?" I ask my voice turning cold. Before I know it, Jase is on the floor unconscious and there's a cloth around my mouth and nose.

"That's a little too personal to say right now sweetie but you can wait till we get there" The man says and my eye lids grow heavy. That's the last thing I hear.

_____________________________

Dun dun dunnnnn!!!

So where do you think these guys are going to take her?

_

I won't be updating a lot like normal because I've got a lot going on right now but I will try and update either at the end of the week or next week. It depends on the situation.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Vote, Comment& Recommend to a friend (Totally legit rhyme!)