(32) Goodbye.

"We're gathered here today in remembrance of a dear friend, sister and daughter" The priest says. The tears flow down my cheeks like they'll never end.

My best friend is gone. She's never coming back. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't save her. I let out a loud sob and rush out of the church. I lean against the wall outside as the funeral continues.

"Hey, hey. Shhhh" Spencer's voice soothes as he pulls me into a hug. I grip onto his shirt and cry like there's no tomorrow.

"I couldn't save her Spencer. I.....I tried but I.....I just.......couldn't" I sob. He rubs my back and kisses the top of my head.

"She wouldn't want you to cry Ash" He says. "She'd want you to get drunk off your face and tell stories of the good times. She wouldn't want you being this way" He tells me. I look up at him. Tears start to brim in his eyes. I wipe away my tears and walk back into the church.

I take my place again and wait for the priest to call me up to give a speech.

"Now a speech from one of Davina's close friends, Ashley" He says and moves away from the stand. I slowly make my way up to the stand. I take a deep breath before starting to speak.

"Davina McWilliams was my best friend. We did everything together. From going to family meals to going on dates"

"I'm coming with!" Davina shouts. I turn to her and laugh.

"You're not coming on my date with me!" I exclaim with a laugh. She nods excitedly.

"Oh yes I am!" She squeals.

"You ruined my date last time D!"

"He was a douche and you shouldn't have been with him anyway!" She laughs. I sigh and grab her arm.

"Fine! But if you screw this up for me, I'll screw up your next date!" And we leave for my date.

People laugh as I recall the memory.

"We weren't the best fit together but we made it work" I say with a slight smile. I take a deep breath. "I'm not a good person. All of this is my fault. As many of you know me and her were in a gang along with a few others in this room" Some people nod. "But I was the one who convinced her to come into the world of guns and violence so it's basically my fault she's in the coffin behind me"

"Maybe you should finish this up" Spencer whispers. I look up again.

"I want to say sorry. Sorry to her mom, her dad, her brother, and mostly myself. Because I let a great girl like her slip. I'm very sorry I did this to her" I tell everyone truthfully as a salty tear runs down my cheek again.

I turn around to see Davina's closed casket. I kiss my fingers and place it on the casket.

"I'm so sorry" I whisper and walk away from the stage. I leave the church as everyone else gives their speeches for Davina. I lean my back against the wall and stare ahead where I see the open ground where she'll be placed.

"How did it all get so fucked up?" Jase's voice asks as he lean against the wall beside me. I look at him and then look ahead.

"Don't ask me" I mutter quietly.

"Well you've been at this longer than me so...." He trails off. I sigh.

"This is the last time I'm ever going to see anything remotely related to her" I say as I stare at the hole again.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I've decided to move to another part of town. I can't stay here any longer. Too many sad memories, you know?" He nods.

"Will I ever see you again?" He asks me. I look at him and give him a soft smile.

"No promises" I whisper and make my way towards the hole in the ground where Davina will be put. I stand near the edge and look down.

She's going to be there for the rest of time. She's never getting out. I sigh and a tear rolls down my cheek at the thought.

A few minutes later, everyone comes out of the church. Behind them is Davina on the shoulders of four men. One of which being her brother making me start crying all over again. I'm a horrible person. Her own brother has to carry her body.

They slowly place the casket down over the hole and some of the men begin to wheel it down into the ground. Once it's in, I step forward and grab some soil. Other members other gang do this too. I take a  deep breath as we begin to speak.

"We're the Stellar Rippers. We keep fighting until death do us part" We all recite. I grab Spencer's hand and we all throw the soil onto her casket.

"May she rest in peace, Davina McWilliams" Me and Spencer say and raise our hands. The gang claps as everyone else watches intently as we say goodbye to our dear friend. I catch eyes with her brother and I give him a sad smile. He returns it and I watch a he walks away in tears.

I look down at the ground one more time before leaving and rushing to my car. I get into the driver's seat and stare blankly ahead of me. Spencer gets in the car and we sit there in silence for a few minutes before I burst out crying again. All I can seem to is cry.

I start hitting the steering wheel in anger. Spencer grabs my body and pulls me into a hug as I sob into his chest hysterically like during the funeral.

My best friend is dead. It's. All. My. Fault.

 _______________________

So sorry I haven't updated quickly like normal! I've been going through some shit but I'm fine now so I should be posting quickly again for the next 4 chapters.

That's right people! 4 CHAPTERS 'TIL IT'S OVER!

But don't worry! The sequel will come out straight after this book is over!

Vote, Comment& Recommend to a friend! (Totally legit rhyme!)