(24) Traitor.

Ashley's POV

"I'm here Rico. What do you want?" I ask as I step out from behind the wall. Rico turns around to look at me and he smirks at me.

"Revenge sweetie. It's a beautiful thing" He says. "Well....not for the victim of course" I take this as my cue to give Spencer the thumbs up. He throws the knife at me and I catch it with ease. I aim it at Rico in a threatening way making him pull his gun again. I laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" He spits.

"A gun? Really. It's such a pussy weapon" I say and before he gets the chance to shoot me, I throw the knife straight at him. It lands in his stomach. I then rush over to Spencer and grab one of the guns. It may be a pussy weapon but they're still handy for fighting against people. And Rico is being the pussy considering he has his men with guns against 2 people.

"You okay?" Spencer asks. I nod. I hear people in the distance.

"Oh fuck no" I hear someone say. I quickly realise it's Davina. Me and Spencer rush over to her whilst fighting off anyone who tries to get in our way.

"Davina? Jase?" I question when we find them. Davina looks up and gives us a small smile and she waves at us.

"Hi" She says simply. I sigh and pull her up as Spencer pulls up Jase.

"Come on, we need to go" I say and we rush to Spencer's car but first I rush over and get my knife from Rico's stomach. As I pull out the knife he screams in pain. I stand on his wound making him scream louder. "Asshole" I say and run off to the car.

"You good?" Spencer asks us. We all nod and he starts the car.

"Why are you guys here" I ask turning around to face the back seats where Davina and Jace are.

"We needed to tell you something" Jase says.

"Couldn't it wait?" Spencer asks.

"You should be thanking us that we came. You could've gotten killed" Davina tells him and then she turns to me. "It's about the note"

"What about it?" I ask suddenly interested.

"We think we know where it is"

____________

I run into the house and change my clothes.

"How was your date?" Klarissa asks appearing out of thin air making me jump.

"You scared me" I say as I change into some comfier clothes.

"Sorry" She says sheepishly. "So how did it go?" She asks again.

"I'll explain in the car. We need to go to base" I say. She doesn't waste a second. I quickly write a note to mom and we leave the house and get in the car.

"What going on?" She asks as she buckles up.

"The date was going perfect" I say and start driving. "That was until we got attacked in the parking lot" I say. Klarissa gasps.

"Is Spencer okay?" She asks. I nod.

"But that's not the only thing. Davina and Jase were there because they had to tell us something"

"Tell you what?" She asks.

"Do you remember that note?" I ask. She nods. "Well,the think they've found it"

"Seriously?" She asks. I nod. "Ash, this is amazing!" She says excitedly. I smile at her.

"Yeah but we can't get too hopeful. Might be a false lead" I say, She gives me a soft smile.