(8) Two can keep a secret.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"Why are you back?" She counters. I sigh.

"Did Maisie take you to see Serine?" She nods. "Everything Serine said was true. We need more gang members but Serine won't allow it until Davina is dead and you're back in the gang" I breathe and walk to my drinks trolley and pour my self a whisky. "Whisky?" I offer her. She nods.

"Well you've already got one of three things on your checklist" She tells me as I put the whisky in front of her.

"And which one is that?"

"Me. I'm back and I wanna help" She tells me but I know her too well to know there's more.

"What aren't you telling me?" I ask. She ignores me as her face drops and she takes a sip of her whisky. "Ash. You can tell me" I say softly. She looks at me with a stern face.

"Serine said my family is in danger and I'm going to do everything I can to protect them. My brother and sister are all I have left. I can't loose them" She tells me and finishes off her drink.

"Alright. So we need gang members to help get Davina back. Any suggestions?" I ask as I fill up her quarter glass with more whisky. She smirks at me.

"My suggestion is screw Serine. We don't need permission. We just need skill" She says and smirks again. This should be good.

______________

Ashley's POV

"You ready for this?" Spencer asks. I smirk and push open the doors of the club. I start looking at peoples left shoulders. If they have a red cross on their shoulder, they want to be recruited to a gang. After a few minutes of hopeless searching, I decide to get a drink.

"Vodka and lemonade please" I say and get my money out of my purse.

"ID?" The bartender asks. I scoff and pull out my gang member card that I never got rid of. He looks at it with wide eyes.

"Do I need an ID now?" I ask with fake sweetness. He shakes his head quickly and makes my drink.

"T-there you g-go M-miss Palmer" He stutters. I smirk and put some money on the bar.

"That's for the rest of the night" I say and walk off to find Spencer. I find him standing with a bunch of guys. I sigh and walk over with a fake smile on my face.

"Ashley. We have some new guys" He says. I look over to the 4 guys standing before me. They all check me out. I'm wearing a short red dress, black heels and a 3/4 sleeved leather jacket.

"I'm Jackson" One of them says.

"Harry" Another one says who looks the oldest.

"Marty and this is my twin Parker" Marty says.

"Ashley Palmer. Second in command. I'm just gonna go get some air" I say and leave the club. I stand outside the club until I hear someone shouting. I follow the sound until I reach an alley.

"Stop Jason. No! I don't want to!" A girls voice exclaims.

"Shhh" The guy Jason says. When I'm about to step in, she knees him in the stomach and pushes him against the wall.

"All you have done is push me around, made me your slave and done things to me in front of your friends. So drop dead" She tells him and pulls out a knife. That's when I step in. I quickly grab my knife and throw it at the Jason guy. The girl gasps in shock and drops her knife.

I step into the alley so she can see me.

"2 can keep a secret, as long as someone's dead" I say. She quickly turns her head to me and then start to back away. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you" I reassure her. She stops backing away.

"Who are you?" She asks.

"Names Ashley" I tell her and pull my knife out of Jason. "What's your name?" I ask.

"Klarissa" She says. I smile at her and she smiles back.

"Come on. Lets get you home" I say and put my arm around her but she stops walking making me turn to her.

"I don't have a home" She whispers to me. "My parents were abusive so I ran away"

"Where have you been staying?" I ask my voice laced with concern.

"Friend's houses" I nod and pull her with me.

"Can you fight?" I ask.

"A little bit why?" She asks. I stand in front of her.

"How would you like to join a gang and you can get revenge on anyone of those dicks that hurt you?" I suggest. Her face lights up.

"Are you serious?" I nod. "Does that mean you're in a gang?" She asks. I nod again.

"Come on, you can stay with me and I'll tell you everything" I tell her. She nods and follows me home. I give her some of my clothes to change in to. When she's changed and I am, I make her a cup of coffee and the same for me.

"It started when I was 11" I say as I sit down. "I know, a young age but I was alone. My dad had left and my mom was working all the time. Thankfully she doesn't work as much anymore. Anyway, I was left to take care of my little brother and sister.

"One night I was wandering in the street because mom had kicked me out of the house after I argued with her about her not being home anymore. Some guys started following me so I started to run. They ran to.

"Just as they were about to grab me, I bumped into a man. He turned out to be a gang leader. Stellar Rippers to be exact. He told the men to leave and they obeyed. I guessed he was powerful and dangerous but it didn't scare me"

"What's a little girl like you doing out this late?" He asks me as he crouches down to my level.

"I had an argument with my mommy and she made me leave the house just like she does all the time" I whisper to him.

"How often does your mom leave you?" He asks.

"Everyday. I always have to take care of my brother and sister when she's not home and they're babies" He nods.

"From then on he brought me up on his own. He was called Erick" I tell Klarissa.

"Was?" She asks. I nod.

"He died on a mission. Then his son took over recently. His name is Spencer Woods. He has this whole weight put on to him. But Erick always made sure that if anything happened to him, then Spencer would be okay to take over the gang. He never forced him into anything. That's what  liked about Erick.......He cared"

"I'm sorry for your loss" Klarissa says as she sips on her coffee. I sigh and nod.

"Me to" I whisper. I shake my head and smile at Klarissa. "You tired?" She nods. "I'll show you to the guest room" She smiles at me and follows.

Once I know she's asleep I go back downstairs and open up my laptop. I listen to some music for a bit before deciding to go to bed. Just as I'm about to walk up the stair-the door goes. I set down my mug of coffee and go to open the door. When I do, there he stands.

"Hi Ashley" He says.

______________

That's probably the worst and most cliché cliffhanger in the history of cliffhangers but oh well!

Who do you think is at her door?

Let me know!

Vote, Comment& Don't forget to recommend this book if you like it.