(20) A lady came to see us.

"Spencer, hey, what are you doing here?" I ask Spencer as he comes into my room.

"Did you know there was a note left when your father was killed?" He asks as he takes a seat beside Klarissa on my bed. I nod.

"Yeah, I found out yesterday why?"

"Well I was talking to Johnny this morning after you left and he told me my father left a note with some details on it" Spencer says.

"Did he tell you where the note is?" Klarissa asks. Spencer shakes his head.

"He said he couldn't remember where he put it and I doubt that he's going to give us his address. How did you get him to tell you about the note? I had to kick him a few times to get him to 'fess up" Spencer jokes. I laugh a little.

"Well I said that I'd cut off his ball and shove them so far down his throat that they'd come out his ass" Spencer bursts out laughing.

"That sounds like you" He says still laughing.

"Are you staying for dinner?" I ask. He nods when he calms down.

"Yeah, your mom invited me over today" He says. I nod.

"Well I'm going to go and get Luke and Kira ready for dinner. I'll see you two in a bit" Klarissa says and she leaves the room before I can protest. I sigh and fall back on my bed.

"You tired?" Spencer asks as he lays down beside me but stays propped up on his elbow. I nod my head and close my eyes as he strokes his hand through my hair. "Don't fall asleep Ash, dinner's going to be ready any minute" Spencer whispers. I mumble an 'okay' before slowly opening my eyes. I look over at Spencer to see him fully concentrated on me.

"I love you" I whisper.

"I love you too"He whispers back making me smile. "Now come on. Lets go help your mom set up for dinner" Spencer says softly as he gently pulls me up. I smile at him and stand up. He entwines our hands and we walk down the stairs to see Klarissa, Luke and Kira already downstairs in the living room watching TV. 

I walk into the kitchen with Spencer and see mom working away at some last minute extras for the dinner.

"Do you need any help?" I ask. She turns around and looks at our entwined hands for a moment before smiling widely and looking back at us.

"Sure thing. Could you guys set the table and help me put the food out?" She asks warmly. We both nod and I let go of Spencer's hand instantly missing the warmth of it. I go over to the drawer and get out the knives and forks then set them on the table. I then help Spencer grab the salt, pepper, some different sauces and a few other things to go with the dinner.

After that, mom said that dinner would be ready in 10 minutes so we can sit down and relax. I sit down on one of the kitchen chairs and lean back closing my eyes. A few seconds later I feel Spencer's hands begin to massage my shoulder.

"You're tense" He whispers next to my ear softly and he rubs my shoulders a little harder making them ease up. "You should have a sleep after dinner" He suggests.

"Yeah I will. As long as you stay" I say quietly. I can sense his smile and he kisses my cheek and takes a seat beside me.

"Always" I smile and close my eyes again but soon after my phone beeps.

Game on indeed. Don't forget to watch out for the other team. They're everywhere. -GM

I let out a big sigh.

"Can we not just have one fucking day without gang business?" I groan and push my phone away and put my head on the table. Spencer rubs my back and I can hear him reaching for my phone.

"What the hell does that mean?" He asks. I shrug and sit up.

"It's probably just a head fuck so we're distracted while they make their move" I say. He nods and stands up to start putting out the food. I join him. It only takes a couple of seconds to put the food out and once we're done, Spencer calls the others to come in.

I take a seat next to Spencer and my brother whilst Klarissa sits in between my mom and my sister.

"So how's school?" My mom asks Kira and Luke. They reply happily as they begin to explain everything that's happened so far this week and what kind of things they're doing in class.

"A lady came to see us" Luke says. My had snaps towards him.

"What kind of lady?" I ask.

"She had dark brown hair and she looked mean" Luke says. I curse quietly.

"What?" My mom asks. Me and Spencer share a look.

"Serine Medler" I breathe.

"That's what she said her name was!" Kira exclaims. I take a deep breath.

"Kira tell me exactly what she said to you" I say sternly.

"She said that we looked like very good children and it would  be a shame if anything happened to us" Kira says sheepishly as she eats her dinner. Spencer sighs.

"She knew they'd tell you" Spencer tells me.

"So basically she's threatening them?" I ask. My mom sighs. We finish dinner and me and Spencer go to my room while Klarissa goes to the gang's base.

"Come and lie down" Spencer says as he sits down on  the bed and pats the space beside him. I don't protest. I lie down on my side and Spencer wraps his arms around me securely. I smile slightly and snuggle into him.

"I love you" I whisper.

"I love you too" He whispers back. I can feel his smile on the back of my neck. I then fall into the best sleep I've had in weeks.

___________

 Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

OMG! Serine visited Luke and Kira!!!!! Does anyone else wanna shoot Serine in the face?

Anyways!

DON'T FORGET THAT I'VE STARTED A NEW BOOK!

IT'S CALLED DEADLY VIRAL AND IT'S COMING OUT THIS MARCH!

THE TRAILER IS LINKED ON THE SIDE AND IF YOU GO TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL THEN YOU CAN SEE THE SECOND TRAILER! IF NOT THEN WAIT TILL THE NEXT UPDATE BECAUSE THE LINK WILL BE THERE!

THIS IS IN CAPITALS SO YOU KNOW IT'S IMPORTANT!

Vote, Comment& Recommend to a friend! (Totally legit rhyme!)