(1) It's not going to eat you alive.

"You know what 9 plus 10 is?" Spencer asks. I laugh and raise my hand "Yes, Ash" He says, mimicking a teachers voice.

 "21!" I yell. Everyone cheers and Spencer claps.

 "Correct Ash" He says and laughs making me laugh to.

 Those were the fun days. But I can't think about that now. I left to protect my family only now I want to go back.

 "Hey, mute girl" Someone in the room yells to me. I don't speak in school. Not a lot anyway.

 "Mute girl!" They yell again. They are obviously trying to provoke me into speaking. Idiots.

 The teacher, Mrs Williams, walks in and begins the lesson. I tune out and flashbacks start to come.

 "Hey Ashley?" Sharon asks. I turn my head to her

."Yeah?" Suddenly she slaps my face with flour and water. I gasp and she runs. I laugh and start to chase her. Me and Sharon are the fastest runners in the entire gang making it easy for us to get away form a mission.

 "Sharon stop!" She automatically stops by a wall. I quickly grab my knife without her seeing and just as she turn to me I throw it right next to her head. She stares at it in fear. I smirk and go up to the wall to take the knife.

 "How are you so good at that?" She asks. I shrug and walk off to wash off the flour.

 "Miss Palmer can you please pay attention?" Mrs Williams asks me. I nod my head shyly.

 When the lesson ends and we have 20 minutes to chill, I go to my locker. I open it and see party clothes I wore to my farewell party.

 "Well we did it!" Davina yells. I laugh. "Did we give you the best send off or what?"

 "You did Davina, thank you" I turn to the rest of my gang. "All of you, thanks for being there. But don't get too said, I'll come back"

 When get home take one last look at my gang outfit. Black short dress with thick, silver neckline. had on a chunky silver necklace with some black shoes and a black wrap.

 I look at the outfit in my locker one last time before closing it and going to my dance lesson. When I get there I change into a black, thick strapped crop top, an oversized white tee, a pair of gray joggers and a pair of Nike trainers.

 I walk into the studio an turn on the music to my selection since I'm early.  I put on Poisoned By Love-Neon Hitch. I move my body to the beat smoothly like I would of I was at a club but I add some moves that I wouldn't be able to do at a club. When I'm finished someone starts clapping. I turn and see Jase, the schools bad boy. He is supposedly in a gang but I'm not sure which one.

 "So the mute girl can dance?" He questions smugly. I give him a glare.

 "Get lost" I growl loudly making his eyes widen in shock. "Is it true?" I ask.

 "Is what true?" He asks, still shocked that I'm speaking.

 "That you're in a gang?"

 "Yeah and you should be scared of me" He says menacingly. I smirk and walk up to his ear to whisper:

 "Gang members don't scare me Jase; nothing does anymore" I whisper and walk off, deciding to ditch school. I get in my car and drive home. Mom's at work and dad left when I was 9 so no one's home. I look at my calendar and see it's October 31st. Halloween. I smirk to myself. This is going to be fun night.

 -Later that night-

 I look at myself in the mirror and smirk. I am wearing a black corset, black leather pants, a choker and have put fake blood all over my body to create the vampire look. To top it off I put on some black stilettos.

 There is supposed to be a party at an old friend's college which he invited me to. Its themed: Victims or Killers. I chose killer.

 I get in my car and drive to St Peters College grounds. When I get there I park up and walk to the house that is hosting the party. I look the house up and down when I am stood in front of it.

 "It's not going to eat you alive if you go in" A voice says. I turn my head and see Jase but he clearly doesn't recognize me. I smirk.

 "Oh I know" I say. Jase holds out his hand for me to shake.

 "Jase"

 "Ash" I say and shake his hand.

 "Do I know you from anywhere?" He asks as he admires the tattoo on my wrist. I smirk again.

 "I know you but you don't really know me that well. I'm sure you'll figure it out though, who I am" I tell him and walk inside. When I enter someone hands me a drink which I gladly take. It's been a while since I was at a party this wild.