(3) Fear can mean two things.

I keep my back against the wall as I breathe heavily. I stand there for about 10 minutes as Spencer's words ring through my mind. 'Fear means two things. Forget everything and run or Face everything and rise. The choice is yours Ash. But choose wisely' 

 Isn't it ironic the way I told him that two years ago when he was being a pussy?

 Finally I push my back off the wall and go back into the party. I don't stay for long after that. I decide to go home and: leave Spencer to wait for my answer to his request, Mamerie to bleed out and Jase to get so drunk he won't remember me in the morning.

 When I arrive home I carefully open the door so I don't wake up my mom. Fortunately she's a heavy sleeper. I get up into my room successfully and jump onto my bed, sleep instantly taking over me the second I close my eyes. 

 ___________________

 Beep! Beep! Beep!

 I groan at my alarm and turn it off as quickly as I can. After dragging myself out of bed I go over to my closet to pick out my clothes. I decide to wear some dark wash skinny jeans, a purple oversized long sleeved top and some black torn converse. I go downstairs to be greeted with my mom. I smile and grab my bag and an apple.

 "You're not eating breakfast?" Mom asks. I shake my head. I walk out the door to my car and hop in.

 Once I'm finished my apple I throw it out my window causing some driver to curse at me as it hits his window. I burst out laughing. I carry on driving until I reach school. I park in my usual spot and get out. Everyone seems so distracted. I don't realise why until I hear someone talking when I pass them.

 "Have you heard about the new students?" One guys asks. I think his name is Mark.

 "No. Who are they?" Another guys asks who I know as Phil from some of my lessons.

 "I don't know their names but they moved here from North Carolina" Mark says. Phil nods. Just as I'm about to go for the door, car's engines makes me stop. I turn around and see 4 cars pull into the parking lot. I don't see who it is because of the tinted black windows but I have a pretty good idea about who it is.

 When they get out of their cars I stand frozen in my spot. There in the parking lot is my ex-gang members.

 -Jonah Ferreira

 -Sky Norfak

 -Maisie Gouldson

 -Frances Woodley

 -Peter Vernan

 -Sharon Wild

 And Teddy Lewis. They look around the parking lot when their eyes finally meet mine. Teddy smirks and starts making his way towards me. All eyes in the parking lot turn to me but I ignore them. I let Teddy think he can come near me but when he's close enough, I smirk and run away. They can't catch up with me because of how fast I am. Only one person can and that's-

 "Ashley?" A voice asks. I turn around.

 "Sharon" I say acknowledging her and then walk off. I grab my knife from under my shirt just incase she tries anything. Yes I bring a knife to school. But you can't blame me. Even if you've left the gang, you are still in danger.

  "Ashley wait" She calls out. I stop and grab her arm to drag her outside making some students turn their heads in curiosity because mute girl is talking. When we are outside I pull out my knife and hold it to her throat. She gasps in surprise.

 "Why are you here?" I growl at her. She gulps.

 "Ashley Palmer put that knife down right now!" A voice growls. I turn my head and see Peter Vernan. I let out a humourless chuckle and turn back to Sharon.

 "I'm gonna ask you again- Why are you here?" I ask more loudly.

 "We're here for you" She stutters. I laugh.

 "Scared?" I ask. She doesn't reply. I remove the knife from her neck and step back and put the knife back under my shirt. She lets out a breath but before she can move, I take the knife and throw it directly next to her head making her freeze and hold in her breath.

 "That's for showing up today" She smirks and grabs the knife, throwing it back at me. I instantly catch it making her smirk grow wider.

 "That was quite a stunt you pulled last night with Mamerie" I ignore her and after putting the knife back for good this time I walk back into school. Most students stop and stare but I ignore them as well.

 Why the fuck did they come back for me though? Is all that's running through my mind.