Chapter 64: Axis and Doryeshid

January 23, 2049
2:03 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 9:03 AM
Location: Temple of Ynathiph, Narai'Kyasok Heights, Sky Province of Halteistav

[Lucas Galileo]

Queen Ricaphia turned to me, crossed her arms and spoke. "At kung sinuswerte ka nga naman; mga Pinoy din naman pala ang magiging sunod na Air Axisian Divine Players, gaya ko."

"Ah—ano?!" Steve and I both asked at the same time again, in confusion.

"Kami? Magiging Divine Players? What?" dagdag tanong ni Steve.

"You didn't read everything from the Quest Scroll, didn't you?" Ricaphia chuckled with crossed arms and an eyebrow up.

"M—meron pa bang ibang nandoon?" I asked, still confused with what's happening. "I think we have already read everything in the Quest Scroll."

We were surprised when Ricaphia rolled her eyes, sarcastically sighed and held one hand forward and the other was on her waist, as though she was expecting us to give her something. She really is a human; a player. Actions pa lang, alam mong tao nga siya. And as for Enochrydis, he remained silent ever since Ricaphia started talking.

"Akin na." she said, still in that position, but now with closed eyes.

"Uh—ang alin?" Steve stuttered in confusion.

Pinandilatan kami ni Ricaphia at napa-atras kami dahil humakbang pa siya paharap sa amin. "Akin na 'yong  Quest Scroll 'ka ko. Ano ba naman? May ipapakita kasi ako sa inyo."

Ngarag kong binuksan agad ang Player Windows ko para kunin ang scroll sa storage ko at ibigay sa demanding na si Ricaphia. The Quest Scroll item appeared floating in front of me, and even before I could grab hold of it and hand it over to her, the Divine Player had already taken and opened it.

"Oh." she exclaimed as she pointed on something behind the scroll.

Steve and I loomed over the scroll, like overly curious 4 year old kids. Ricaphia was pointing at a phrase which Steve and I didn't notice, written on the very back of the Quest Scroll. May nakasulat pala do'n. Kung hindi pa nga tinuro ni Ricaphia, hindi ko pa malalaman na meron nga.

"Tingnan niyo, oh? Ang sabi, 'The only ones who could free the goddess are the Two Wind Masters themselves.' Hindi niyo man lang kasi tiningnan 'yong pinakataas sa likuran ng scroll bago niyo ginawa 'yong quest. 'Yan tuloy, hindi kayo informed." Ricaphia blurted out as we looked at her after reading what she pointed to us.

"So..." my words trailed off as I stared at the female Divine Player before us. "we're already Divine Players... because we freed you?"

Ricaphia leaned her head to the right and smiled at me. "Not yet, baby boy. Not yet."

"Baby—what?" lito kong tanong sa kanya. What did she just call me?

Pero imbis na pansinin ang reaction ko sa weird na pagkaka-tawag niya sa akin kanina, hinila niya ang napakalaki niyang espada mula sa malaki ding scabbard na nakasabit sa likuran niya. She pulled the sword out as though she just pulled a handkerchief from her back. Gano'n kadali niya lang itong hinila.