Chapter 72: The Nagathom Project

January 24, 2049
1:15 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 8:15 AM
Location: Wall of Division, Axisian-Primoid Country-Continental Border

[Lucas Galileo]

He held his right hand before me and replied. "I'm Han Yong-Rae, Head Programmer of ConquerTech's Artificial Intelligence Department for the company's flagship game, Leimhyark Online. I'm currently collaborating with the Interpol Bureaus in keeping their Database safe. That's why I know you, Mr. Mizutani."

Napamulagat ako nang marinig ko ang sinabi ng Earth Axisian na siyang pumigil sa paglabas pa ng mga bagong field boss. Si Han Yong-Rae na kinekwento lang sa akin no'ng nakaraan, ay kaharap ko na ngayon.

The very person responsible of my connection to the Interpol's database, is here. I looked first at his hand, then gripped and shook it. I'm finally getting the answers to my remaining questions.

Nginitian ako ni Yong-Rae, bumitaw sa pakikipagkamay sa akin, at tumingin kay Conrad. Gladness was evident in Yong-Rae's eyes when he looked at Conrad, who's inside the Wraith Account. Napatingin ako sa Wraith, at nakita kong wala na ang maskara nito. I can see how teary eyed and also how warm his smile was, when Yong-Rae faced him.

"I'm glad to see you active... here, buddy." the Earth Axisian said with a warm smile.

Yong-Rae and Conrad lunged at each other and made a tight brotherly hug. Again, I'm surprised that a copied consciousness like Conrad would still emulate joy and longing in a form of facial expressions and emotions.

He's more human than I expected. They're reunion felt saddening and happy at the same time, because of the fact that Conrad is already dead, and what's left of him is his consciousness in the body of the wraith.

"It's good to see you again, buddy." Conrad said in their embrace, with eyes closed.

Nagkalas sila sa kanilang pagkayakap sa isa't-isa kanina, at nagtawanan ng kaunti habang nagpupunas ng mga luha. I was thinking, if Steve would see Conrad again, will it be like this? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Daniel speak.

"Gentlemen, let's not make our VIP wait. We need to make the most of our time." Daniel sniggered a bit, now without his helmet, but still in his Divine Form. He subtly glanced at me after saying that, then turned back to the two.

"Always the time-bound person, Agent Roldan." Yong-Rae sighed. "Can't you see that it's a reunion here?"

The three of them laughed a bit from that remark, then Yong-Rae turned to me and Koji. Since Yong-Rae already knows me, I took the initiative to remove my mask as well. Tinapat ko ang kamay ko sa harap ng mukha ko, at kusang nawala ang suot kong maskara.

Yong-Rae's green eyes widened a bit when he saw Koji standing beside me. The Royal Battle Scribe bowed politely at the Earth Axisian with his closed right fist, covered by his left hand in front of his chest.

"Good to see you again, Mr. Han." Koji said with a smile after his brief ceremonial bowing, then walked to the Earth Axisian to hug him.

"I'm glad you're well and with the Hybrid Healer, Koj'akim. You're doing your job well." he smiled and patted the back of the Royal Battle-Scribe.