Chapter 50: A Traitor To The Guild

January 18, 2049
9:30 AM

Status: In-game
In-Game Time: 4:30 PM
Location: Qedium City Airspace Bordering Frumshig City, Country-Continent of Axis

[Lucas Galileo]

"Wait-what?! Asaan ka? Sino ang kumuha kay Sedna?!" tarantang sagot ni Kuya.

"I really don't know yet. But it's also a dragon. Hinahabol ko ngayon gamit ng Sky Rift ko! I can still see her location signal on my map!" I said in a shout since the sound of the wind was strong due the the immense speed of the Sky Rift.

"Galio, where is the dragon headed?" nagmamadaling niyang tanong ulit. "Check it now."

Agad akong napatingin sa holographic map na nasa tapat ko. I zoomed it out a bit and I saw that the dragon with its rider was headed towards the edge of Greida Province itself; they're going straight to the borders of Iverdum Province. Hindi ko akalain na nakalampas na pala kami sa mga cities ng Greida at papalapit na sa Yadaria. I wasn't even aware of my speed!

"The dragon's headed to the borders of Iverdum Province—"

"Which city?"

"Uh," I said as I eyed the map, and at the same time, kept an eye on the dragon ahead of me while driving my Sky Rift. "Kagastid is the nearest city to the provincial border."

"Okay. I'll be following you. Try to restrain the dragon as much as you ca—"

"Kuya. Pwedeng trap lang 'to sa'yo; para hulihin ka. Stay in the Guild base. Ako na ang bahala kay Sedna." pasigaw kong putol kay Kuya.

"LGM Purifier."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang bigla akong tawagin ni Kuya sa IGN ko gamit ang seryosong tono ng boses niya.

"Remember this; I'm... your Guild Master, and I stand on my decisions. Expect me to come your way." at binaba na niya ang linya ng tawag, na nagpa-ngunot ng noo ko.

Here he goes again with his stubbornness. I'm aware of his authority and the sheer weight of his power in-game, and I do respect that. I really do. Pero minsan, nakakayamot din palang may nakatatandang kapatid ka na matigas ang ulo at reckless kung umasta. I clicked my tongue and whipped the reins of my Sky Rift, causing it to speed through the air as it flapped its wings faster.

Napa-kapit ng mahigpit si Koji sa handle bars ng saddle dahil sa sobrang bilis ng pagpapalipad ko sa Sky Rift ko. Totoo nga ang sinabi ni Kuya na ang pinakamabibilis na transport beasts ay mga Sky Rift. Halos naabutan ko na kasi ang dragon. Ang akala ko no'ng una ay mas mabilis ang dragon, pero naturingan lang kasi na mas nauna pa ito sa akin na lumipad kanina.

When I was about to chant my chain spell to hook myself to the dragon, I was surprised when one of its riders began throwing explosives to my direction. I made pushing motions with my palms, producing air barrages and deflected all the explosives that were aimed on me and my Sky Rift.

The other rider was a Fire Axisian and he also sent fire blasts to my direction. Niliko-liko ko ang Sky Rift ko para maka-ilag, at naglalabas din ako ng air barrages para ma-counter ang mga atake nito. Pero nagitla ako nang may nagpakitang malaki at pulang magic circle sa mismong likuran ng dragon.

Out of that giant red magic circle, a humongous ball of fire came out and was aimed to hit us. The fire ball was so fast and big, that I wasn't able to turn my Sky Rift to avoid it. But out of instinct, I gripped my wand from the belt on my waist and yelled a spell.