Chapter 97: The Scattering

January 29, 2049
2:06 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 9:06 AM
Location: Akthalka Peak, Province of Nedelthabog, Country Continent of Axis

[Lucas Galileo]

"The reason why I asked you this, is because we're currently in a drastic situation. Drastic situations, call for drastic decisions. So, I have decided... to disband the Dominion of Orion Guild today."

Napasinghap sa gulat ang lahat ng miyembro ng guild na nandito ngayon. Kahit ako ay napa-awang ang bibig dahil hindi ko naisip na ito pala ang sasabihin niyang importante sa Guild. I saw the facial expressions of my brother's officers and it looked like they weren't expecting him to announce it. Even they looked utterly shocked.

Pumeke ng tawa si Pincer. "C-Commander, you're joking, right? Right?"

The Guild Master smiled sadly and slowly shook his head. "How I wish I was just joking or pranking all of you. But, no. I'm not saying this randomly or impulsively. Rather, we really need to disband."

"Need to disband? But, why?"

"Why do we have to disband?"

"Did something happen commander?

"No, no. We can't disband, Commander. We just... can't."

"What will happen to us?"

"You can't just... do that, Sir. I mean, I know you can but, this is just... sad."

They tried to reason out with my brother and everyone couldn't bring themselves to argue against him. They couldn't, not because they're afraid, but they all looked sad after hearing that and didn't know how to accept it. My brother raised a hand and everyone gradually fell silent and waited for him to speak.

"As much as I want us all to stick together, we can't. It would only mean danger for everyone. You all know that I challenged all who support Nagathom, that they will be my enemies. And this has caused many guilds and enemies to make you, the Guild Members, their targets. They can't challenge me, of course. That's why they're targeting you. We have already lost a third of our whole Guild's population. You may blame me for my actions, but the only way to save what's left of us is to disband the Guild. It is my duty as your Guild Master to protect you. I may have failed once as your leader, but I will try not to fail now. Not now."

Walang nakasagot sa pagpapaliwanag ni Kuya sa kanila. Ang iba ay gusto magsalita, pero pinipigilan ang sarili. The others were only looking down with sad and confused expressions, and were silent. This is so sudden. Kahit ako man ay hindi alam ang sasabihin kay Kuya.

Pero kung iisipin, ako talaga ang ugat nito. If only I didn't own the Ember Amulet, my brother wouldn't have to go out of his way to distract Nagathom in order that his attention and watchful gaze would avoid detecting me. If only the Ember Amulet wasn't with me, the Guild and my brother's police department members would not be occupied in making themselves strong just so they could protect me both in-game and in the outside world.

If only I picked a different race in that lobby, on Christmas day, none of this would have happened at all. Kung hindi napunta sa akin ang healer account na ito, normal ko lang na nakakalaro sana si Kuya ngayon. Walang taguan na nangyayari, walang wasakan ng Guild Bases, at walang nagde-declare ng Guild War. Hindi rin aabot sa ganitong pagkawasak ng maraming parts ng Leimhyark, at hindi mawawalan si Kuya ng Guild. Totoo nga ang sinabi ni Lola, think before you click.

Only a slight move of my finger a month ago, would have changed the in-game race that I chose, and could have potentially avoided this kind of future. Just looking at the faces of my brother and our Guild Members made me realize all this. Kahit bali-baliktarin ko ang mga nangyari, lahat ay mag-uugat sa napaka-liit na desisyon na ginawa ko, isang buwan na ang nakakalipas.