Chapter 114: [ID: Shacklers]

March 1, 2049
8:54 AM

Status: Offline

[Lucas Galileo]

"Lucas?!"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Saika nang mapagtantong ako ang hinila niya sa loob. Her steel glare quickly faded and was replaced with a shocked expression. I'm guessing that she might have mistaken me for a student. She slowly backed off with the knife she was holding, and stopped when her leg bumped into the toilet.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" she whispered frantically with knitted brows.

It should have been me who's asking that question. Why is she here and why did she suddenly point a knife at me? I'm reminded again of that time when she tossed that thug in the convenience store, over a month ago. Who are you, Saika? I accused George in my mind of being an agent of the Mafia. But maybe I was so focused on him that I eventually forgot some details of someone who was morequestionable.

Some of Saika's details were fishy. First was the timing of her application to teach in Damian Torres Institute was weird. Same day ang first day of teaching namin. Second, her strength and unflinching personality. Naaalala ko pa ang confidence sa expression niya no'ng binalibag niya 'yong holdaper sa convenience store. And now is that freakish speed in pulling me inside this cubicle, pinning me and placing a knife over my throat.

But then again, it might be me overthinking. Kaya lang masyado nang ladlaran ang mga detalye. May hawak siyang balisong. Moreover, she's here inside a cubicle of the men's restroom. I think that's more than enough evidence to place her under suspicion. I tried to maintain my calmness and breathed out.

Still with my back pressed on the door of the cubicle I cleared my throat, adjusted my uniform and stood straight. "I should be the one asking you that question. Anong ginagawa mo dito Saika? Restroom 'to ng mga lalaki. And why do you have a knife with you?"

Hindi sumagot si Saika. Nakangunot pa rin ang mga kilay niya at dahan-dahan niyang tinupi ang balisong niya't nilagay sa loob ng maliit niyang bag na nakasabit sa kanyang balikat.

"I didn't think I would say this but, you're acting strange, Saika. 'Yong biglaang mong pag-aapply dito sa Alma Mater natin bilang teacher gaya ko, 'yong kakaibang lakas mo no'ng may holdaper sa convenience store no'ng isang buwan, tapos ito. Nanghila ka na lang bigla at nanutok ng balisong. What are you really, Saika, and why are you here?"

I purposely avoided asking if she's a member of the Mafia. I own the Ember Amulet, the key to the Library containing the database. Hindi ko dapat itanong diretsahan kung miyembro siya ng Alyansa ng mga Mafia. Kahit suspicious na ang tao sa harap ko, naisip ko din na 'wag din akong pagsuspetsahan sa mga tanong ko.

Saika only looked at the floor. "I... I don't need to explain myself to you."

I thinned my eyes from what she said and spoke in a bored manner. "Saika, this is not an issue of oversharing or me forcing you to justify your act. I am just asking, because I need to know the reason behind your actions. Heck, I should be reporting you for bringing a bladed weapon in school premises. Offense ito, by the way, ah? At teacher ka pa. That's minus you being inside the men's restroom."

"It's hard to... It's hard to explain. You know, it's complicated. Baka hindi mo nga ma-gets eh." she stammered.

Nagsasalita siya kanina na para bang ibang tao ulit siya. If she still wants to play dumb even after pointing a knife at me, then I won't be fazed by that.

"Complicated. 'Di ma-gets, huh? Then I'll just report you to the authorities." I turned and held the knob of the cubicle's door. "They should be able to make you... explain."