Chapter 101: Evidence of the Eventual Apocalypse

January 30, 2049
3:15 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 10:15 AM
Location: Pergo District, City of Telvec, Province of Tol'vera, Country Continent of Axis

[Lucas Galileo]

"The DEN stands for The Disciples of Emperor Nagathom. This Guild was built from his first followers who responded to the first Grand Quest he gave. And did you know that Nagathom can actually grant very high raw power to any of his followers within that Guild?"

Napasinghap si Saika at Steve nang marinig ang sinabi ni Prefecture. I was reminded of my own skill. As a Divine Healer, I can make anyone a Healer, granting them healing, shielding and regeneration spells. Kahit medyo nakakagulat, hindi na ako magtataka kung mayroon siyang gano'ng skill, dahil ako mismo pwedeng mag-grant ng healing abilities sa ibang players. Ang tanong lang, anong klaseng 'power' ang gina-grant ni Nagathom sa mga taga-sunod niya?

"What kind of power did Nagathom grant to his followers?" si Conrad na mismo ang nagtanong ng nasa isipan ko.

The information broker opened another set of holographic windows, now bearing pictures of players, along with their profiles and stats. "According to my sources, it's called the Emperor's Grace. This is a permanent buff, granted to players who have won the Emperor's Trust and have proven themselves worthy. Remember the Grand Quest of Nagathom four days ago?"

Tumango-tango kami nang maalala namin ang sinabi ni Prefecture. Bago maging Sovran si Kuya, nagpakita si Nagathom sa Phena City para ibigay ang Grand Quest na 'yon.

"A few of the players, amongst the tens of thousands who supported him, have already proven themselves to Nagathom and have won his so-called trust. This Trust, or Permanent Buff, manifests through all of the following; grants the Absolute Talents Attack Speed, Defense Speed, Agility, and Dexterity. In addition to that, the current attack or magic damage they have will be tripled, the moment they receive the buff."

"Times three? And includes the Absolute Talents?" kunot-noo kong tanong dahil sa pagka-lito. "Don't tell me it's practically an ascension to the fully Divine Ranks?"

Prefecture shook his head. "Apparently, they didn't Ascend to anything at all. It's just a very powerful buff. Although, this buff is more effective when given to players like them." he pointed at certain players in the holographic panels. "Semi-Divine Players benefit more from this. In turn, they're now as powerful as fully Divine Players. Those normal players who have been granted the buff, are now as powerful as those who have ascended to the Semi-Divine Rank."

Buti na lang at Seraph na ako. Ito agad ang pumasok sa isip ko nang marinig ko ang sinasabi ni Prefecture. Kung may ganito nang buffs o mga pampalakas ang mga taga-sunod ni Nagathom, mas magiging delikado na maging kalaban sila. Though I have no access to my full capabilities as a Seraph while I'm in Oberon's body, I'm still thankful that I have reached the Seraph Class.

According to what my brother and other people around me say, the Seraph is more powerful than the player Sovrans. Hindi ko pa napatotohanan ang claim na 'yon. Just looking at how powerful Conrad, Daniel and my brother are as Sovrans, make me question if the Seraph account is more powerful. In any case, the Seraph is already on par with Sovrans to begin with. Kaya kumportable na ako.

"But at least, they still can't reach the power level of the Sovrans and the Seraphs." Conrad said with confidence, as he stood up and looked by the window with his hands behind his back.

"That'll be the catch for them of course. But the only problem is that he has many followers. Imagine having thousands of followers, who are all as powerful as fully Divine Players; he will be unstoppable."