Chapter 113: Repelling Towers

February 27, 2049
4:37 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 11:37 AM
Location: Claveio Sky City, Provincial Airspace of Laphmavud and Tol'vera, Country-Continent of Axis

[Lucas Galileo]

"Pathetic. Utterly Pathetic! Isn't it a shame that it took high deities to take down... just a single Herald of the Null? Is it that difficult to defeat me? Though you have ended me, be warned, for this is just the beginning. The might of Azazeros shall surely tip the scales and reveal true power that none of you shall be able withstand!"

Right after Rellekos said those words, he laughed menacingly and its sound slowly faded as the black flame disappeared. Katahimikan ang namayani sa paligid matapos tangayin ng banayad na hangin ang bola ng itim na apoy.

Tanging ang mahina at panandaliang beep sound ng pagpapakita ng Last Hit Bonus window ni Steve ang maririnig. Tumingin ako kay Steve at nasaktuhan ko ang pagpapalit ng Level Number niya. Level 154 na siya ngayon. With his current level, he is more eligible to ascend into a Seraph like me.

"It isn't over. We might have defeated this demon, but there will be more of them. After all, the prophecy states that Leimhyark will be infested by demons for a hundred days." pagpapa-alala ni Young-Rae sa amin ng prophecy ni Nyagaxia, matapos ang isang minutong katahimikan.

A hundred days. Matagal din pala. I can't think of a way to preserve as many places in Leimhyark. Just goes to show that things won't get any better. Everything will be worse than ever as time passes. As the prophecy says, after a hundred days, Azazeros himself will arrive.

Looking at everything around us made me remember the state of the country-continent of Prima, before Nagathom started rebuilding it. Gaya ng walang buhay na disyerto ng chalk sa Prima, natuyot din ang lupa at paligid dito. Everything looks and feels dead. Life was stripped off from the soil and from the trees.

Not to mention, dozens of meters away from the spot where Rellekos disappeared, were the remains of the fallen Sky City of Claveio. Dahil sa malalaking mga tipak ng bumagsak na syudad sa lupa, aakalaing may kumpol ng mga burol na bigla na lang sumulpot doon.

Although it's almost midday, there was an air of hopelessness around due to the state of our surroundings. Maybe I just feel it more, since I know where everything's headed, and that the safety of the Database... the Library, depends on the state of Leimhyark.

"There you go. There is still hope after all. You have gotten enough levels to Ascend as a Seraph." saad ni Young-Rae kay Steve, habang dahan-dahan kaming naglalakad paakyat papunta sa pinaka-gilid ng crater.

"Yes," tugon ng batang Guild Master habang binubuksan ang multiple messages na nagpakita sa kanya. "I can accept the Ascension now. I just have to press this and tha—"

Steve's words were cut when he looked up and I noticed multiple oval-shaped shadows on the ground. Tumingin din kami sa taas at nakita namin na sumulpot muli ang mga Eyes ng Null Realm. Kasing dami nila ang mga portals na nagpakita kanina. May mga portal sa paligid namin, at meron ding mga nasa alapaap. The Eyes were still closed and we could see them enlarge, as if charging up with energy.

"Ito na naman tayo." Ricaphia sighed sarcastically as she summoned her staff.

"Ehem. You might want to set up a domed barrier now, don't you think?" mungkahi ni Daniel sa akin.

I was about to chant the spell for my domed barrier, but I was surprised when the Eyes of the Null Realm exploded one by one.

"Huh? What's... happening?"