Chapter 103: A Dream Fetcher

February 12, 2049
10:43 AM

Status: Offline

[Lucas Galileo]

"Foolish... games? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about." pinilit kong hindi mautal dahil nakatutok ang baril niya sa'kin. Lucas, calm down!

George chuckled and shifted the aim of his gun. "You know what I'm talking about."

Thinking that I'm in front of an agent from the mafia, I only stood still, trying to string the words that I could use to avoid getting shot. I'm still not a hundred percent sure if I'm in front of an agent from the mafia. Ang alam ko lang, magkamali lang ako ng salita, pwede ako mabaril ngayon. I'm not afraid to die, nor is it my first time in front of a gun. But many things are at stake here, not just my safety. Masyado lang din talaga akong nagulat dahil hindi ko inasahan na may estudyante na makakagawa ng ganito.

Pero ang mas inaalala ko ay ang account ko sa game. If it's really an agent from the mafia in front of me, he might not shoot me. My best guess is that he will force me to surrender the Ember Amulet inside the game. Even at this very nerve racking moment, I'm really surprised that it came too soon. I never thought that encountering someone from the mafia would happen so quickly.

Masyado yata akong naging kampante na safe ako; na safe ang account ko. Of course, at this time and age of advanced technology, it wouldn't really take much time before they are able to find me. Halos ganito ang mga sinusulat at tina-translate ko sa mga manhua o manga sa dati kong company. It's funny and at the same time frightening, that I'm experiencing it right now. But part of me still wants to believe that he's not from the mafia and I'm just overthinking things

"Ah, George," I tried to be calm even though my heart was racing. "I honestly do not know what you're talking about. If it's something that you need from me, it wouldn't hurt if you tell me directly, right?"

Pagkatapos kong sabihin 'yon ay lalo siyang natawa, pero nakatutok pa rin ang baril niya sa direksyon ko. "I don't know if you're just too dumb to be a teacher, or your negotiation skills are just trash. If only you could hear yourself talk right now. You sound funny."

"No seriously, George. I don't even know what's happening or what you need from me. So if you could please just tell me—"

"Shut up! Don't tell me what to do!" sigaw ni George sa akin at nagulat ako dahil nawala ang kalmado niyang expression.

Kitang-kita ko ang galit sa mga mata niya at kung paano malukot ang mukha niya dahil sa inis. Surprisingly, his grip on his gun was still steady. "I've had enough. You teachers never learn, huh? Ang halang ng mga kaluluwa niyo, pero astang malinis. You guys think you could always boss us around, and have fun playing tricks on us. Like what you did to my girlfriend."

Napamulagat ako ng bigla niyang banggitin ang salitang girlfriend. What? Anong kinalaman nito sa girlfriend niya, at anong sinasabi niyang ginawa ko?

"What? Your...girlfriend?" I slowly asked.

"Yeliana Jane Abarrientos. Does that name ring a bell?" mababa pero halata ang gigil sa tono ng pananalita niya. He even adjusted his index finger, resting on his pistol's trigger.

"Abarrientos, Abarrientos..." I whispered, trying to recall who he was talking about.

A split second after, my eyes widened when I remembered the name of the person he was talking about. Yeliana Jane Abarrientos. Isa siya sa mga estudyante ko sa Tenth Grade, sa Basic Typography class. Now that I remembered, she was the student who received a failing grade for the last month. I sent her an email informing her of her status, because of her failure to submit her requirements in the class.