Chapter 108: A Pouch and Silver Clouds

February 15, 2049
3:31 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 10:31 AM
Location: Foot of Bell Peak, Da'amah Province, Country of Carrevu, Continent of Zoralva

[Lucas Galileo]

"If you can't trust us, I want you to know that we trust that you can do it; that you can find the answers you are looking for, and do the tasks given to you. I know it's hard, confusing, and unbelievable. But, what if you just gave it a try? What will be your answer?"

Hindi ako agad sumagot. I was still processing the words he was saying, because it's really hard to believe. Hindi totoo ang magic. Hindi totoo ang mga sinasabi niya. Those were the biggest concepts I was holding on to. But the most confusing and frustrating thing here is that, majority of what he's saying has evidence and I've experienced them as well.

Tulad ng kung paanong sobrang realistic nitong game, at may point siya nang sinabi niyang hindi nalalayo ang technology sa magic. Maraming bagay sa paligid ko dito sa Leimhyark ang hindi ko pa mapaliwanag. My body, Koji's existence, Claria's appearance, the prophecies and all the other things around me, remain unexplainable.

Maybe Radix was right. Perhaps what's keeping me from knowing the truth and believing what he and Claria were saying, is my fear of the unknown. Hindi ko alam na nag-eexist ang mga gano'ng bagay at sa totoo lang, natatakot nga ako. At naco-corny-han ako pati. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit.

But, he's right. What if... I gave it a try, even if it sounds impossible or childish?

"I'll try." tipid kong nasagot. "But I have many questions, and... I need more time to gather evidence."

Ngumiti ang Radix ng Leimhyark sa akin at tinapik niya ang damuhan bilang senyas na maupo ako. So I slowly sat on the grass and I saw him wiping his remaining tears.

"It's okay to try, dear Seraph. I know you have many questions and I admit that they're quite annoying somehow." he chuckled. "But as I have mentioned, whether you believe me or not, you will understand everything eventually. You're destined to understand it. What I do not understand is why someone like me, who's bound by an agreement of silence, has met you in your journey in knowing the truth."

"Uh, I don't quite understand what you're meaning."

"I mean, Seraph Iruka, you and I know that we meet people in our lives not by chance, but by purpose and timing. Destiny allowing me to meet you, even if I have limited information to offer, is a mystery to me. So forgive me... if I am withholding answers from you. I am just hopeful that my purpose in meeting you is to grant you that skin that you've been wearing comfortably now."

Napamulagat ako nang sabihin niya 'yon. Come to think of it, I never even thanked him for granting this skin to me. Kahit ba reward ito mula sa pagkatalo ko sa Sovrans ng Zoralva, AI siya tulad ni Koji na nakakaintindi ng human language, at dapat pala pinasalamatan ko siya.

I suddenly felt bad after thinking bad things about him and Claria. Because in retrospect, they never meant harm or they weren't joking. In fact, I remember them looking puzzled that I knew little of what they were talking about.

"I'm sorry for the things I've said. Also, I'm sorry... for not thanking you at once, for granting me this skin. Um, thank you for giving me this." I looked away and I felt my face warm up after I said that.

Natawa ng kaunti si Radix. "No need to thank me. Though our meeting is a mystery to me, I believe this is fate telling me that I played my part well in helping you fulfill your purpose. But honestly, your stubbornness in not believing the meanings behind my riddle-like speech is a tough one. Of course, your response is natural and expected from confused and uninformed individuals like yourself."