Chapter 105: Scorched by Divinity

February 15, 2049
1:53 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 8:53 AM
Location: Aviuna Forest, Western Yadaria Mountain Range, Country-Continent of Axis.

[Lucas Galileo]

"Master! It's the Filth! It's the Filth from the sixth prophecy of Nyagaxia!"

The Filth. Ito ang itim na pwersa na nabanggit sa pang-anim na vision ni Nyagaxia. Sa vision niya nakita niya na kumalat ito sa kalupaan ng Leimhyark. If I also remember correctly, Nagathom interpreted the visions as events that happen in domino effect. He mentioned that the Filth will plague Leimhyark after the spheres align.

Agad akong naging alerto nang sabihin iyon ni Koji. I held him tightly and did somersaults in the air to avoid getting caught by the black vines.

Nakita ko kung paanong sinubukan ng mga ka-party namin na umilag sa mga itim na baging. Wala pa ulit nahihila paloob ng Ziggurat dahil sinasalag nila ang nga baging at pinuputol ng mga atake nila. Lightning bolts, fire blasts and water attacks were produced by my party-mates to combat the unknown black vines.

Daelan also slashed his sword swiftly to slice through the vines. Pero ilang segundo ang lumipas ay mas lalong dumami ang mga itim na baging na lumalabas mula sa lagusan ng domain. Every time they were electrocuted, burned or slashed by my teammates' attacks, the vines regrew and became more agile and violent.

"Koji! Can you handle the vines without getting caught?" nagmamadali kong tanong habang iniilagan ang mga baging sa ere.

"Yes, Master! You can drop me down!" sagot ni Koji at umikot ako sa ere.

I let go of the battle scribe mid air and avoided getting caught by a vine. Nakita kong paikot na lumapag si Koji sa lupa. A shockwave was emitted from his landing, effectively warding off the vines from him. He quickly pulled his Katana from his hilt and slashed the vine that was about to grab him. He then slashed through the vines as though they were made of thread.

Hinayaan ko na lang si Koji at nilabas na ang Twin Swords ko. I slashed through the vines that were rising up to reach me. I need to get inside the Ziggurat. Baka pwede pang maligtas ang tatlo naming mga kakampi na nahila paloob.

But while I was slashing through the black vines of the filth, it was late when I noticed that a vine had already quickly clung to my leg. Ang akala ko ay mahihila na ako pababa at paloob papunta sa lagusan ng domain. But to my surprise, I heard a sound of something being burned and the vine immediately let go of my foot. Nakita ko rin na umuusok ang dulo ng baging, na para bang napaso ito sa pagkapit sa paa ko. Nangamoy sunog pa nga ng kaunti.

I just hovered in the air and observed the vines that swiftly stretched to the sky to reach me. But they all retreated the moment they touched any part of my body. Smoke started to appear from the vines that tried to touch me. In the end, iniwasan na ako ng mga vines. What just happened?

Ah. I think I can guess what's happening now. It's either the filth, manifested by these vines, is getting burned because of my Overabundance Status, or because of my divinity as a Seraph. Either way, para bang natakot ang mga baging sa akin nang mapagtanto ng mga ito na nakakapaso ako. Even if I was surprised by what had happened, I proceeded to fly down to chop down the vines that were trying to pull my other teammates towards the entrance of the Ziggurat.

Ang ibang maliliit na mga vines ay nakakapit na sa kanila pero dahil sa mga abilities nila ay nagagawa nilang i-tukod ang sarili nila sa lupa para hindi mahila paloob ng sa entrance ng Ziggurat. Habang hinahataw ko ang mga espada ko at lumilipad pabalik-balik para putulin ang mga baging, nakarinig ako ng isang pagalit na sigaw.