Chapter 112: Almost A Singularity

February 27, 2049
4:22 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 11:42 AM
Location: Provincial Airspace of Laphmavud and Tol'vera's Borders, Country-Continent of Axis

[Lucas Galileo]

"We were right to not fear the Divine beings of Leimhyark. 'Tis truly a disgrace. How about... a demonstration of what true power is? Have you heard about... Reversed Eternity?"

Kahit sina Daniel at Steve ay hindi sumagot. Maybe like me, they're also surprised that the Hydra suddenly spoke. Pero nagkatinginan kami ni Conrad. 'Yon ay dahil nabasa na namin sa Prophecy ni Nyagaxia ang Reversed Eternity, pero wala kaming kahit anong alam tungkol doon.

The hydra's five voices made a hideous sounding snicker. "Aha! Even the Divine are ignorant to the power and ways of The Null. I suppose... a manifestation of Reversed Eternity should suffice?"

Before we could reply, we all moved away when a humongous red circle appeared underneath Rellekos. It was just a glowing red-colored band underneath him, but a sceond after, arcs and crests appeared, turning it into a magic circle. What seemed to be small doors made out of the arcs, opened. Right after, hideous humanoid beings crawled out of the doors.

Gula-gulanit ang mga damit, ubod ng payat, at para bang natuyot ang mga humanoids na lumabas. They were like... zombies, but different. A reddish-gray flaming aura was around each one of them. The eyes and mouths of these "zombies" were also emitting a faint flaming aura. Thousands of them came out of the doors like baby spiders that have crawled out from a hatched egg.

Napalunok ako nang mapagtanto ko kung ano sila. Those were players... killed from the filth and black fire. That flaming aura is the black fire inside them. I thought their player avatars dissipated. 'Yon pala ay naging ganito sila.

"Behold, they are now The Unmade, the Children of Unmaking, borne from black fire. For the ignorant, this is Reversed Eternity. It is simply living eternally reversed... in Eternal Undeath." saad ni Rellekos nang makalabas na ang lahat ng mga player avatars na naging undead.

Nagsasalita pa siya ng may tono ng panunuya, dahil sa hindi namin alam ang Reversed Eternity. "For beings like you, eternal life is the utmost desire. But, we Heralds of the Null digress. The eternal light and life of Leimhyark is a disease; a plague that has brought malignant beings like all of you into existence. Light and life must be devoured and quenched... permanently."

Sobra namang baliktad ng pananaw na 'to. It makes me wonder if this really was an emulated response of an AI, or if the programmers who made the character of this demonic boss had twisted minds.

Habang nagsasalita siya ay tiningnan ko ang mga "zombies" o ang tawag ay "Unmade", na nakapaligid sa kanya. Dahil sa sobrang laki ni Rellekos ay nagmistulang mga langgam ang mga player avatars na na-infect ng Reversed Eternity. They were all standing still on top of the magic circle, with their mouths wide opened. The Unmade were also just looking up, as though they were waiting for the Hydra to command them.

"Alas, it would be utterly satisfying for you to be drenched with the fires of the Null. Just like those archaic fools from Zoralva who call themselves gods. 'Tis only the favor of the Null for them to retain their sentience. And yet, they too devour light and life now. The Divine beings who have been blessed with Reversed Eternity could not be unbound or cleansed for it is their destiny."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang marinig ko ang mga salitang 'yon. So all along, the Sovrans of Zoralva weren't just simply 'corrupted.' It wasn't just simply corruption from being contaminated by their contact with the escaped demon. They were infected with Reversed Eternity!