Chapter 100: Cliché Prophecy

January 30, 2049
2:10 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 9:10 AM
Location: Madiali City, Province of Ruheka, Country Continent of Axis

[Lucas Galileo]

"We? An Underground Community? What the heck are you talking about?! This is the base of operations of The Disciples of Emperor Nagathom! Your trespassing won't go unpunished!"

"Disciples... of Emperor Nagathom?" Saika said in a confused tone.

Huh? Mukhang mali kami ng napasukang underground area. And... Disciples of Emperor Nagathom? I haven't heard of that group. Is this some sort of Guild who solely supports Nagathom?

"Wait a minute, calm down everyone. Isn't that Sedna?" narinig namin na saad ng isang matangkad na babaeng Roidin Elf player na hinawi ang mga ibang players sa harapan niya. Like the others, the female elf was wearing that weird uniform as well.

"Kalia? I thought— you guys were trapped here? I... I even messaged you that a rescue team will come save you." nalilitong tanong ni Saika sa babaeng elf na tinawag niyang Kalia.

Nanatili kaming lima na nasa anino ng bukana ng tunnel. We even looked at each other, and we all agreed by nodding at each other, not to show ourselves fully. Panigurado ay naaaninag na kami ng kaunti, pero ang focus ng lahat ng nasa loob ay si Saika, gawa nang siya ang nasa pinaka-bukana ng tunnel at naiilawan ng liwanag mula sa loob.

"Trapped? Save us?" Kalia's brows got knit together, then her eyes suddenly widened and she started laughing. "Oh, that? Sednaaa~ I was joking. So you actually believed what I said? My goodness, you're so easy to fool. Kinda reflecting of what you really are outside the game, I presume? Anyways, yes, yes, I did say we were 'kind of'... trapped underground. That's because we were busy here with our Guild, and can't go out for now."

"But you also told me that this is an underground community."

Dahil sa huling sinabi ni Sedna, tinignan ng ibang mga players na nasa loob si Kalia. Humagikgik lang ng kaunti ang babaeng elf at nirolyo ang mga mata nito. "I just said that, because we're not supposed to be telling anyone about our existence... yet. Sedna, use your brain sometimes. I mean, here, we really are a community; help each other, care for one another and support the cause. This is so we don't end up being like you, getting easily tricked even inside a no-brainer game."

Now it makes sense. No wonder Sedna told us that her friends didn't reply to any of her messages regarding going here or even saving them. Ang underground community pala na tinutukoy dito ay ito. Hindi ko akalain na bubuo na talaga ng Guild ang mga taga-suporta ni Nagathom. I also now understand why Conrad said that he's disgusted by them. Ang corny nga naman.

Natawa ng malakas si Kalia at nakipag-apir pa sa ibang miyembro ng Guild nila. "And I didn't even know you were serious about someone coming to save us. To top it off, had I known you were the very gullible type and was even coming here despite the ensuing chaos above ground, I should've not replied to your messages at all. You came here for nothing, huh? You must've been tired from digging to reach this place with your friends. Ya' know, there's a thing called 'knocking' silly girl. Or, maybe your common sense gave up on you, so you didn't remember. Sucks to be you, Sedna."

Hey. That was harsh. I was already prepared to chant a spell, but Steve only looked at me and shook his head, mouthing the word "No". Dahan-dahang lumapit ang Guild Master sa likuran ng babaeng Primoid, habang nakatago pa rin sa anino ng tunnel.

"Ate Sedna, let's go." nagmamadali at napakahinang-bulong ni Steve. "They're already part of a Guild. The worst thing about this, is that they're an enemy Guild."