Chapter 106: Cleansing Procedures

February 15, 2049
2:14 AM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 9:14 AM
Location: Zeimhasphire [The Steadfast Castle of the Brave], Phlavamoian Plains, Cavermerrow Province, Country Continent of Axis

[Lucas Galileo]

Nang makita na naming papalapit na ang mga baging sa paanan ng castle, nagbago agad ang anyo ng weapon ni Conrad. His Destroying Orb quickly transformed into a Staff. The moment he held his it, he twirled it fast, and the wind got disturbed by the strength and speed of his brandishing.

Pagkatapos ng isang segundo, ay tinuktok niya ng mahina ang simentong balikat ng castle na inaapakan namin. The moment the tip of his staff touched the shoulder of the castle, blue fire traveled from it in a form of a shockwave. It expanded and traveled from the shoulder, down to the base of the castle.

Mabilis na dumaan ang shockwave ng asul na apoy pababa, at tinunaw ang mga itim na baging na aabot na sana sa paanan ng kastilyo. The ring shaped wave of blue fire grew larger in a matter of seconds as it consumed a wide area that the vines have already covered. Lalo pa itong lumaki at malayong-malayo na ang narating ng apoy na sumusunog sa mga baging. 

"How large is the area effect of that spell?" agad kong tanong.

"It will be enough to cover the whole Phlavamoian Plains. Buti na lang at naka-abot tayo. Kung na-late pa tayo, baka durog na itong castle." 

We saw how severe the damage that the Filth has caused. Nang sunugin ng apoy ni Conrad ang mga baging, nakita namin kung paanong kinalbo ng mga ito ang mga damo at mga puno sa kapatagan. The field was stripped bare and only the soil was left. The soil even turned darker than its original color. It looks like... it was poisoned by the filth.

Ang akala namin ay madali lang na naubos ni Conrad ang mga black vines gamit ang spell niyang iyon. But not even a minute has passed, out of the caves, crevices and far parts of the area around the castle, came a thicker horde of black vines which were quicker and appeared to be more aggressive.

"What?! Kulang pa 'yon?!" malakas na bulalas ni Conrad.

Hindi ko na sinagot ang Wraith at agad akong lumipad pababa sa tapat ng paanan ng kastilyo. I noticed that when my foot touched the ground, the soil underneath my feet returned to its original color. The poison is reacting from my presence!

Hindi ako gaanong naka-focus doon dahil nakita ko ang mabilis na pagbalik ng mga baging. The vines are more aggressive and simple offensive spells may not be effective now. I thought. Conrad and I might need to use Calamity Armaments just to clear these vines, if we want to ensure that the castle is safe.

Kaya agad ko nang tinutok ang isa sa mga espada ko pataas at binigkas ang isa sa mga Calamity Armaments ko. "Hivan Yokumvod Kragestannuph Agor, Tovviescith Kigaphin Naeda!"

The moment I chanted the last word of that spell, I was prompted by the system to pick an ally. Agad ko nang pinindot ang icon kung saan nakalagay ang IGN ng Wraith. Right after, a white magic circle appeared beneath me as my soul fetchers appeared and quickly sliced through the black vines that have regrown and returned to this area. Para talaga may sariling isip ang mga baging at ang gusto lang ay takpan ang lupain. It looks like these vines have already consumed more players and living things here in Cavermerrow, causing them to be more powerful, more agile and grow larger in number.

Even though my magic parameters are low since I am in Oberon's body as a Divine Healer, my Soul Fetchers don't need to deal damage. This is because just their mere presence and weak attacks are enough to slice through and burn the vines, due to my Divinity as a Seraph. Of course, it's just a guess in my head. But it's logical to think of it that way, since it's happening in front of me.