Chapter 9: The Assassin-Knights

December 25, 2048
1:34 PM

Status: In-Game
In-Game Time: 8:34 PM
Location: Lair of the Scythed Spirit, Forest of the Unscathed, Greida Province, Country-Continent of Axis

[Lucas Galileo]

"It's not an ordinary dungeon." I heard RK Razt whisper as he gripped a staff that appeared before him, and its violet veins glowed. "It's not a Monster Dungeon. It's a Humanoid Boss Dungeon."

"On who's authority were you all allowed to enter the sacred throne room? Speak, or our blades will." the deep voice of the assassin-knight in the middle of the three, echoed loudly in the big throne room.

Nobody spoke after what the knight said those words with a loud voice. It was as though we were frozen from being intimidated by the Assassin-Knight. I even felt as if I was having a hard time breating. May nagpakitang maliit na icon sa status bars ko. I recognized that icon at once. It was fear debuff icon!

Lahat ng malagyan ng fear debuff ay automatically, makakaramdam ng negative effects sa mga player avatars nila, gaya ng nararamdaman ko ngayon. Tumingin ako kay Kuya dahil nakatayo lang siya. Ang mas nakakapagtaka, ay kung bakit wala siyang fear debuff tulad namin, sa status bars niya. He was just standing there, with his hands resting on the hilts of his twin swords.

"Wait for them to attack first." we heard my older brother's words again in our heads.

"If you wish to be forgotten, so be it!" the knight in the middle yelled as he pulled his sword and pointed it at us.

My brother has a knack for swords ever since we were kids. He kept on blabbering and showing me too many types of those, until I was able to almost memorize them. So now, I know that the knight's sword was an odd-looking one. It was thinner than a usual Paladin's long sword, yet a little thicker than a Fencer's rapier or an Estoc. It wasn't even curved like a Samurai's katana.

It was just a straight sword with a hilt; no pommel and cross guard. Kahit ako yata, madudulas ang kamay ko pag walang cross guard sa tatangnan ng espada. But the Assassin-Knight's grip on that sword was firm but relaxed.

"What kind of sword is that?" I thought to myself.

Without any warning, the knight suddenly ran towards us with full speed and his blade pointed forward. Agad nitong inatake ang una nitong nakasalubong. It was a Berserker swordsman whom the assassin-knight attacked. A loud clanging sound of two metals echoed in the throne room, as the knight and the berserker swordsman's blades met.

Kitang-kita sa mukha niya na hindi niya inasahan na siya ang unang pupuntiryahin ng assassin-knight. He was only able to block the attack barely. We all jumped back as our teammate was the one being attacked by the enemy. Halos mabitawan na ng kakampi namin ang espada niya dahil sa mabibigat pero mabilis ng mga atake ng assassin-knight. Who would have thought that such a thin blade could do so much damage.

"Tanks! Protect Goryo!" my older brother ordered. "Swordsmen, go!"

Even though my brother himself has swords, he wasn't included with those swordsmen. He may appear to have swords, but he's a Spell-Bound Weapon Wielding Fire Axisian; he's a Battle Mage.

While Goryo, the swordsman and the assassin-knight were still locked in a heated sword fight, two of the tanks ran to him with extreme movement speed in hopes of blocking the knight's attacks. Pero bigo sila dahil nang takpan ng dalawang tangke si Goryo gamit ng mga shield nila, tumalon lang ng ubod ng liksi ang knight para lagpasan sila. He made a flip mid-air and landed on the floor gracefully, right behind them.