Nightmare x Bête Noire Reader

Not my image.

Thank you for this request Lala40502!

I don't actually know a lot about Glitchtale(sad, I know) so the reader is really just going to have a FEAR soul trait.

I hope you enjoy!

Background Knowledge 

A few months ago, you joined the Bad Sanses. Nightmare immediately offered you a position after seeing a demonstration of your power. The others were intrigued by this because Nightmare NEVER lets anyone on the team from just one demonstration of power. The five of them had to prove themselves multiple times over before they were allowed on the team. They have decided to investigate.

Your POV 

Could this place be anymore boring?! I'm growing weaker and weaker by the second! Currently, I am lying upside down on a chair in the library regretting every single life choice I've ever made. I blow a stray strand of hair out of my face and look dully at the upside down library. Nightmare said this place was gonna be fun. Lier. 

The soul of FEAR, my soul trait, feeds off of other entities' fear, obviously. When I joined the Bad Sanses, I expected to have an endless supply of just that, but so far I have none. The issue being that no one here is scared of me. They're all practically chummy around me. It's disgusting. I want them to flinch when I walk past them. I want them to cower when I even speak to them. Too bad that will never happen. I kick my legs in the air and make a noise of frustration. They're dead scared of Nightmare. Sure, that still gives me some fear to work with, but it's not that same as people fearing ME. If only I had some sort of power over this place like Nightmare does. . .

I stop kicking my legs and furrow my brows, feeling like an amazing idea is about to form. Since Nightmare has complete power over this place then that means if I were a close confidante of his, I would have some power over this place as well. And if I had some power, I smirk at my perfect plan. I would gain the others' fear. I pump my arms above my head in victory only to remember that I'm lying upside down. I fall out of the chair on top of my head, banging the wood floor terribly hard. "Ugh. . ." I sit upright on the ground and rub my head, trying to get rid of the pain.

"Wow. I didn't know the "Mistress of Fear" herself could be so clumsy."

I look up to see Nightmare standing over me with an amused look on his face. I glare at him, not appreciating the sarcasm added to the words "Mistress of Fear". He offers me a goopy hand, but I refuse, turning my head away. "I don't need any help from the "Lord of Goopy Negativity"! I'm perfectly capable of standing on my own." Without even looking at him, I know that Nightmare is rolling his eyelight. While I sit in stubbornness on the ground, I feel something slimy and black wrap around my waist. I look down to see Nightmare's tentacle is holding on to me. Just when I'm about to question this, Nightmare yanks me into the air, hanging me upside down by my waist. 

He smirks at me, but I am too overcome with rage to appreciate his humor. The one day I choose to wear a skirt. I use one hand to keep my black skirt pinned to my upper thighs the best I can and with the other I slap Nightmare straight across the face. "PERVERT!" He stumbles out of shock and drops me to the ground again. I stand up, still holding down my skirt, and blush violently. Nightmare looks at me angrily and prepares to say something, but I don't give him a chance. I summon a heart javelin and point it at Nightmare threateningly. He stays where he is, looking down at the sharp weapon pointed at his chest. "Not a single step closer you hentai octopus."

The aura of the room is tense, but oddly enough, we are both enjoying it. Nightmare is feeding off of my negativity and I am happily enjoying Nightmare's slight fear of me. We could make quite the team. Too bad I feel like murdering this guy right now.