Child Sanses x Motherly Reader PT. 2

Not my image (look at them and tell me you wouldn't help them. I'll wait. . .)

Hey.

Part two.

Enjoy.

Background Knowledge

A few days later. . .

That's all.

Your POV

"Ugh. . ."

My eyes open every so slightly before closing again. I yawn and wipe away a tear that formed in the corner of my eye from a good night's sleep. Feeling parched, I try to get up and get a glass of water. To my surprise however, something heavy is lying on me, preventing me from standing. I open my eyes as wide as I can, but I end up squinting in the end. I look down and see the cutest thing ever. Nightmare and Dream are cuddling on the other side of the couch, Night spooning Dream protectively. Killer is lying on top of Dust while the latter has an arm wrapped around him. Ink is lying on me, drool dripping off his chin and a huge smile on his face. I swear I hear him mumble "skittles" in his sleep. I giggle a bit and look around the room to find the rest. Horror and Blue are cuddled under a blanket leaning against the couch, Blue's head resting on Horror's shoulder. Cross is leaning against the couch as well, except he is on Dream's end of it. It appears that Nightmare shoved him off the couch because of the awkward position he is sleeping in. I can hear him snoring from over here. I furrow my brows. Where's Error? 

I remember last night all of us were watching movies and Error was sitting next to Ink, a pillow separating the two. Ink likes physical affection a bit too much for Error's personal comfort. After that, I remember Error getting up for a glass of milk and then. . . Nothing. Did I fall asleep before he came back? That must be the case because he is nowhere in sight. 

I pick up Ink and place him back on the couch, tucking him under the blanket we were sharing. Avoiding stepping on the others, I make my way to the kitchen. I observe the shelves and cabinets, not sure where I should start looking for him. "Error. . ." I call after him in a whisper so as not to wake the other kids. No response. I head to the dining room next and sigh in relief. I find Error sitting at the table, an empty glass of milk in front of him, and his head resting on his arms. His back is rising and falling with each steady breath he takes. He looks truly peaceful. 

I smile to myself and walk to the table. I pick up the empty cup and head to the kitchen to wash it. I run the cup under hot water and use the sponge to clean it. I hum to myself a bit while I wash. I reach to turn the water off when I feel something press against my back. I turn the handle to the water before looking behind me and down. A certain purple skeleton is standing there with his head resting on the small of my back looking exhausted. "Awake already, Night? We stayed up pretty late yesterday. You should try to sleep a bit more." He groans in response and doesn't budge.  

I sigh and turn around, looking down at the sleep deprived skeleton who is now pressing his head against my stomach. He's stubborn so he won't go back to sleep that's for sure. Maybe this will make him more amiable. . . "How would you like some hot chocolate, Night?" He bristles at this and gives me a curt nod without removing his head from my stomach. I laugh a bit and pat his head affectionately. He shakes my hand off from his head and runs into the dining room, but not before I see the growing blush on his face. 

I smile after him and prepare to make him hot chocolate. While I do that, I make myself some coffee to wake myself up a bit more. A little time passes and both mugs are ready. I pick them both up and head to the dining room. There I find Error is awake and talking with Nightmare. Although Nightmare doesn't say much. He just nods and grunts in acknowledgment. Night is not a morning person. Noted. I place the hot chocolate in front of him and smile. "Hot chocolate is all ready so drink up." He places both of his hands on the sides of the mug and nods at me. Just as I'm about to sit down and enjoy my coffee, I see Error eyeing the mug in Nightmare's possession. I place my coffee on the table. "Do you want some hot coco too, Error?" He looks up at me with wide eye sockets and nods fervently. I laugh at this and head to the kitchen. "I'll be back then."