Sky x Angel Reader

Not my image

Thanks for the request Chibiyouki! I hope you enjoy!

Background Knowledge 

Monsters have been roaming the surface for a while now. You had been hiding among the humans all this time and now you were able to walk freely without shame of your wings. Though everyday as you walk down the street, you realize that even among the monsters you're different. Your angelic wings are nothing like any monsters'. You are unique and you caught the eye of a certain skele.

Your POV

"Bye and thank you again!"

I walked out of the café holding my daily coffee in my hand. As the door closed behind me, a cold breeze ruffles my feathers. I kept them folded behind my back to avoid hitting anyone with them. They always got in the way because of how big they are. I walk down the street, huddling into my oversized parka. My brother, Jeremy, had lent it to me because he feared I would get sick. He worried about me constantly since I was so different from everyone else. He didn't have wings like I did, but he didn't ridicule me for them, quite the opposite actually. Jeremy cared for me a great deal and even threatened others for me.

I take a sip of my coffee and it instantly warmed my heart. I sighed in content. "Hey there. What's an angel like you doing out of heaven?" I almost drop my coffee out of shock. I look to my right and saw a winged skeleton casually walking beside me. "Holy crap, you scared me!" He smirked at me and looked at me lazily. "Wow. You're so blessed that even crap is holy. You must be one hell of an angel." I hold back a laugh and smile at the stranger. I stop walking and so does he. "I don't think I'm that good of an angel. After all I can make some pretty great deviled eggs." He chuckled at this and relaxed his hand side into his pockets. "Nice one angel."

I looked at the stranger feeling oddly comfortable. He came up out of no where and started spouting puns about heaven and hell. The look on his face made this scenario seem so normal even though it isn't. I hold my coffee in one hand and offer my hand to him. "My name's y/n. What about you?" He smiled and took my hand in his. He wore puffy gloves on his hands and it felt like I was holding a pillow. I half expected him to have a whoopee cushion in his hand, but there was nothing there. "Sans, Sans the skeleton. Pleasure to make your acquaintance angel."

I roll my eyes and we both retract our hands. I take a sip of coffee, awkwardly searching for something to say to Sans. He put his hand back in his pocket and smiled at me. "Are you free right now?" He spoke with a laid back tone. His question surprised me a bit. It was quite random after all. I check my phone for the time. 2:17. I have an hour before I need to meet with my brother. "Yeah, I'm free. Why?" 

He shrugged his shoulders. "I have nothing to do right now and you seem like a nice person. Not everyday you meet an angel in person." Seems like a valid answer. I look Sans up and down. He didn't appear sketchy and his sense of humor was on peak. What's the harm in hanging out with him? I hooked arms with Sans and smiled at him. "Alright. Where are we off to stranger?" He smiled at me and started guiding me down the sidewalk. 

My brother always says that I'm too trusting, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with Sans. He just seemed like a friendly monster. This is how you make friends, right? You meet someone you don't know, exchange names, and then hang out. There's no harm in wanting to make new friends. Besides I know the rules of stranger danger. Sans shows no ill will towards me. 

As we walk, I continue to give myself reasons on why this is okay. Deep down I knew that I should be more careful, but my heart was telling me he wasn't going to hurt me. I take in a breath of cold air. The first sight of danger, I fly off. That's what bro always told me. "Here we are." I snap out of my thoughts and look around to where Sans had taken me. 

We are in a field covered in snow. Behind us is the town and in front of us is the forest. In the warmer seasons, this field would be filled with beautiful flowers. I had been wanting to pick flowers in this meadow, but I never got the chance. I had walked forward a few steps and turned around in a circle to take it all in. "It's beautiful!" It truly was. The way the sun shone on the snow  was perfect and the snow looked really fluffy. Sans walked up beside me and chuckled. "How would you like to make snow angels?" 

I smile and hold back a laugh. "That was terrible." He sat down in the snow and patted the snow next to me. "Come on. It wasn't that bad." I sat next to him and rolled my eyes. "Whatever you say."

I flop onto my back and feel my legs going slightly numb from the cold. It burned a little, but it wasn't unbearable. Sans scoots a little bit away from me and lies onto his back as well. His black wings had bits of snow on them making the wings look spotted. Since my wings are pure white, they almost blended in with the snow. I look up at the sky and squint my eyes from the brightness. I move my legs in a side to side motion and move my wings up and down while I rest my arms on my stomach. 

Sans does the same. We stay in a comfortable silence for while before he breaks. "So. . . How come I haven't seen you around before? I mean, I'm pretty sure I knew all the monsters in the underground." I hold my breath for a second, thinking of a response. How much should I tell him? I barely know him. While I thought of an answer, Sans waited patiently. "Well, I was actually never in the underground to begin with. I've been hiding among the humans all this time." He sat up in his spot and looked over at me. "Really? How'd you manage that?" He nodded towards my wings while speaking. 

I sat up as well and brushed off some of the snow from my legs. "A lot of hoodies." I smiled at him and he laughed. After he finished laughing, he leaned back on his hands. "That must have been hard and incredibly uncomfortable. Not being able to stretch out your wings." I shook off the snow from my wings and hugged my knees to my chest. "Yeah it was a little awkward having to hide them in my hoodies, but I got used to it. Besides, I always stretched them out at home." Sans nodded his head in acknowledgment. 

I brush a stray strand of hair from my face. "My brother always helped me get through it, so it's  not like I was completely on my own." He seemed to perk up at this. Sans looked over at me with a new found interest. "You have a brother?" 

Time Skippity brought to you by writers block being a bitch

"That's so cool!"

Sans and I had been talking for hours. At least I think so. I hadn't checked the time in a while because I was so enraptured by Sans's stories. "Yeah and then he—" Sans was cut off by my phone ringing. It startled both of us and I quickly reached into my pocket for it. I checked the caller ID and freaked. It's my brother. I cringed as I looked briefly at the time. It was about three hours after I was supposed to meet him. 

I sigh and answer, bringing it to speaker. I don't know what demon possessed me to do this with Sans right there, but it happened. "Y/N! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! ARE YOU OKAY?! DID YOU GET HURT?! OR KIDNAPPED?! Wait you wouldn't have have answered this if you had been kidnapped. . . WHAT HAPPENED?!" I winced at his loud voice and Sans's looks equally surprised. I put a hand to my forehead and responded to my brother. "I'm fine bro. I'm just hanging out with someone. I lost track of time, that's all." 

Sans pretended to not be listening to our conversation, but I could see him leaning in slightly with interest. I rolled my eyes and listened to my brother's response. "Who are you hanging out with? Is it a boy? Do I need to beat someone up for talking to you?!" I deadpan at my brother's words. Are you serious? I glanced over at Sans who looked nervous. He clearly didn't want to get beaten up by my brother. I smiled and spoke again. "Yeah he's a boy. He's a new friend. And no, you don't need to beat him up."

Sans sighed in relief and I giggled slightly at this. My brother began lecturing me about how I shouldn't speak so freely with guys and how they could hurt me. I barely listened. I was glad I had met Sans. I felt so relaxed around him and felt like I didn't have to feel ashamed of being different. 

A new friend. . .

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

I'm sorry if this sucked. I have no idea why I had such a hard time writing this.

Anyways, hope you sorta liked this.

Bye Bye!