Blueberry x Reader

Not my image

Background Knowledge 

Guess what? You live at the Star Sanses base! You were basically the healer. You would dress their wounds after they got back from battles. Out of the three, Blue was your closest friend. His energetic personality captured you the moment you met him. Tonight, the Stars came back with gruesome and terrible injuries. After fixing them up and going to bed, you didn't have the sweetest dreams.

Your POV

I wake up in a cold sweat, clutching onto the blankets. I was heaving for breath and my eyes were wide with fear. I sit up and swallow hard, looking around the room frantically. There was nothing else in the room, obviously, but I couldn't shake the feeling of being observed. Quickly, I switched the light on and did one last scan of the room. Nothing.

I tried to calm myself, but the fear that coursed through my veins wouldn't disappear. I stood up and marched over to my door, swinging it open. I walk silently down the hallway and stop in front of Blue's room. I raise a hand to knock on the door, but hesitate. He's probably asleep. I shouldn't disturb him. I lower my hand and start back to my room. 

An image from my nightmare flashes before my eyes and I freeze. A cold chill runs down my spine and I shake my head. I walk back over to Blue's door and slowly open it. I just need to know that he's okay. 

The door creaks open and I peer inside. Puzzle blueprints littered the floor, but other than that his room was fairly neat. For some odd reason the light was still on. I looked over at his bed and saw that he was lying on his back, sprawled out with an arm covering his face. A huge sigh escapes him. He moves his arm away and sees me in the doorway. His tired expression is replaced with one of excitement and surprise. 

"Y/N! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP? COULD YOU JUST NOT STAND BEING APART FROM THE MAGNIFICENT BLUEBERRY?"

I cringe at his overly projected voice and bring a finger to my lips. He gets the message and quiets down. "Oh, sorry. Is this better?" His whisper was more of a normal voice for any normal person or monster. I smile and nod at him. He stands up and walks over to me. "Do you need something? I'm sure I can help, being as magnificent as I am." He poses and winks at me. I giggle softly and cover my mouth, trying to keep quiet for the sake of the others.

I wave a hand at him and shake my head. "I don't need anything. I merely had a bad dream while I was sleeping. I just needed to check on something. I'm okay now though." I smile at him reassuringly, but he isn't having any of it. "A nightmare?!" He looks at me sympathetically and then it seems a spark of inspiration hits him. "It is decided. You shall spend the rest of the night in here. That way you will not be at risk of having another nightmare!"

Before I can protest, he gently takes my wrist and guides me over to his bed. He makes me lay down in bed and brings the blanket up the my chest. I start taking it off. "No no. I'm fine, Blue!" He shakes his head and brings the blanket up again. "You're staying in here and that's final. I will not allow you to be haunted any longer and what better way to make them disappear than to spend the night with me! Those nightmares will have to think twice if they think I'm going to let them plague your mind." 

I sigh and smile at him. He nods and makes his way to the other side of the bed, crawling in alongside me. After shifting around a bit, we both end up facing each other. I stare into his bright blue eyelights. He shifts a little closer to me and looks away, that same blue dusting his skull lightly. "Y-You know, y/n. Back in my universe, when I had a bad dream, I would go to my brother's and we would cuddle until I felt better. I-If you want, we could do that. Maybe. . ." 

Despite his confident nature, Blue seemed particularly shy. I think about his offer for a minute before giving him an answer. "Y-Yeah. I would like that, Blue."

He looked back at me and his eyelights changed to little stars. He quickly brought me into a tight hug, nuzzling into my neck. I giggled as he tickled my neck slightly. I leaned closer to him and relaxed. I closed my eyes and focused on the pulsing from his soul. It was almost like a heartbeat except it was slower and it only made one sound.

Bump

Lying this close to Blueberry, I realized just how warm and comfortingly he was.

Bump

Just like a teddy bear.

Bump

I felt something stroking my hair softly.

Bump

It felt so nice that I couldn't help but hum contentedly.

Bump

Blue mumbled something to me, but all I could hear was the pulse of his soul.

Bump

Before I knew it, I slipped into a sound sleep.

Blueberry's POV 

I held y/n close to me and continued to stroke her hair. Having her curled close to me made me feel calm and happy. My usually bright and permanently excited smile was now soft and slight. I whisper to her the only thought that ran through my head at the moment. "I love you." 

I hoped for a response, but not even a second later, her breathing had evened out and I knew she was asleep. I sighed and gave her a small kiss on the head. "I'll tell you again tomorrow and then I'll remind you every day after that. I love you, princess." 

I snuggled closer to her and fell asleep with a smile on my face and a warmth in my soul.

🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭

Hey! Another oneshot! Hope you enjoyed!

Also, a small A/N. I would like to have all future requests specifically commented on the request chapter. I'd like to keep track of them all and it's difficult when they are commented on other chapters. Thanks.

Also, I am going to leave answers for my question open for 24 more hours. After that time is up, I will tally the answers and see what it comes to. I can't wait to tell you guys what I'm using it for!

Thanks for reading!

Bye bye!