DS Dream x Meme Squad! Childhood Friend! Reader

Not my image

Thank you for this request AreebaDazzle! Hope you enjoy this!

Background Knowledge 

You and Dream used to be best friends. That was until you joined the Meme Squad however. You didn't agree with Dream's way of creating the 'perfect multiverse'. You never fought in the battles with the other members of the Meme Squad because you feared running into Dream. Today though it seemed you had no choice.

Your POV 

"Y/N! WATCH OUT!"

I jumped out of the way of another flurry of attacks sent by Blue. Cross comes over and stands in front of me protectively. "Don't worry. I got you." I hated being the victim in this situation, but I didn't have the power to fight back. This fight against the Justice Reigns was different from others. They seemed to be purposefully attacking me. Dream was currently fighting with Nightmare and Error while Blue focused on Cross and me. Wait. Where's Ink?! Just as the thought crossed my mind, I'm pulled backwards. I fight and struggle, but it was no use. Ink had a tight grip around my waist and held me securely by his side. 

"Mission achieved boss." He spoke blandly to Dream. Both Blue and Dream then teleported near Ink. "Good job Ink. Our job here is done." Nightmare, Cross, and Error futilely reaches out to me, but they were to beat up to do anything. I look at Dream with a hurt look. I normally avoided battles because I refused to believe that my best friend did all of this horrible stuff. I missed him. I missed stealing cookies from the town baker with him. I missed making flower crowns with him. I missed sharing a blanket with him on cold nights. 

But as I looked into Dream's eyelights, I didn't see the little skeleton I used to play with. I saw a skeleton who is blinded by the desire for a perfect reality. A skeleton who has forgotten about the joy he had as a child. This skeleton was not my best friend. I averted my eyes from his and instead looked down at Nightmare. He was helpless and I could see the worry in his eyelights. I gave him a small smile as if to tell him that everything would be fine. I blink and they are gone. I look at my new surroundings and assume that it is the Justice Reigns base. "Give her to me Ink."

Ink shoves me over to Dream who catches me in a tight hold. I've given up on escaping for now, but I don't look at Dream. He starts guiding me down a hall. "Long time no see y/n." He spoke casually, as if he hadn't just kidnapped me. It pissed me off, but I remained silent. We walk in silence. After a while he stops in front of a door and opens it. "Ladies first." I walk in without sparing him a single glance. 

I look around the room and figure out that it was his room. Since Dream had let go of my waist, I wander around the room freely. I look at his bed and all I want to do is flop down on it and forget about everything. Dream noticed that I was eyeing the bed. "Please. Take a seat. I don't mind." He gestured to the bed with a small smile on his face. I stare the bed blankly. Well now I don't wanna do it. Instead of taking Dream's offer, I sit down on the equally comfortable carpet. I cross my legs and close my eyes.

I hear Dream sigh and then feel him sit next to me. I don't move an inch. "How have you been y/n? I hope they have been treating you well." His voice was comforting and brought back so many memories, but as much as I wanted to respond to him, I knew that I would just be giving him what he wanted. I don't reply. He scoots closer to me and I feel something rest on my shoulders. I open my eyes and see his arm draped over my shoulders. "Listen y/n, I know you probably hate me now, but please talk to me. We don't exactly see eye to eye and I know that you won't change sides, but that doesn't mean we have to be enemies."

I stay silent, though it's getting harder to ignore him. Dream seems to be getting tired of the silently treatment. He uses his free hand to turn my head to face him. His hand remains on my chin with his thumb resting below my lips. I meet his eyelights and see the pain in them. There was a longing in his eyelights. "Don't ignore me. I miss you so much. You have no idea how many times I went to battle and wished to see your face among the members of the Meme Squad. I know that you are happier with them than you could ever be with the Justice Reigns and it pains me." 

I feel like I'm on the verge of tears. All this time. He missed me just as much as I missed him. My breathing starts to become jagged and uneasy as I try to hold back the tears. Dream looks at me sadly. "I hated the thought of you being perfectly happy without me. That's why I took you back here with me. I don't want to lose my best friend." For some reason, when he said 'friend' my heart hurt. I shut my eyes tight, blinking away the tears. Suddenly, he pulls me into a hug. Out of surprise, I lean my entire weight on him. He falls back onto the floor bringing me with him. He doesn't let go however.

Dream only holds me closer and wraps his wings around me. It feels like a warm blanket of happiness. He used to hold me like this when we were little. Every time he saw me crying he would hug me until I stopped. "Y/n, please stay here with me. I promise to keep you happy and satisfied. I know you don't support the goal of the Justice Reigns but even so, I want you to stay. I. . ." He trails off and grips onto me tighter. "Heh. It's true, what they say. That people do crazy things when their in love." 

I stopped breathing for a second. Love? I try to push myself off of Dream so I can speak to him face to face, but he keeps me pressed onto his chest. "I already know that you don't feel the same, but please grant me this little moment with you. That's all I ask. Afterward, you can go back to the Meme Squad and forget all about me. But for now, just let me have you to myself."

I look up at Dream's face and he is looking down at me with a sad smile. It broke my heart to see him like this. "Dream I. . . I. . ." I am at a loss for words. I don't know how I feel about him. My head is cloudy and full of indecision. Do I love him? I close my eyes and think back to when we were kids. 

I remember playing in the field with him and running into a little monster girl. Apparently she had been a friend of Dream's because she scoops him into a big hug. I hated it. Seeing him hugging another girl so tightly made me unhappy. After that I remember dragging Dream away to go eat some nice cream. Was I jealous back then? I dug further into my memory, trying to make sense of all of the feelings clouding my mind. I had been picking flowers in the meadow and Dream ran up to me holding a golden flower. He was covered in dirt and cuts. I had asked him what happened, but all he did was put the flower in much hair and smile. His next words made my heart leap with joy. "I wanted to find a flower that matched your beauty, but it was harder than I thought it would be." I remember scolding him for putting himself in harm's way, but at the same time I felt an overwhelming joy. A blush covered my face and at the time I thought it was because I was upset. Now I realize that I was wrong. I wasn't blushing because of anger. I was blushing because I liked him.

I open my eyes again and smile up at Dream. "I think I will stay here." He looked at me shocked. "It's true that I don't support your cause, but I won't let that get in love's way." He sat up with me in his lap and smiled shakily at me, tears pricking at his eye sockets. Without a second thought, we both leaned towards each other. The kiss was sweet and soft. It was filled with love and adoration. A warm golden aura surrounded us and I felt happier than I ever have before. He pulls away and looks at me with two heart eyelights. "I promise you won't regret staying. I promise."

He hugged me again and cried into my shoulder. At this moment I knew that I had made the right choice. I held him close and smiled brightly. I lost my best friend and then found my lover.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Sorry if this was trash.

I tried my best and I think it came out well.

Hope you enjoyed!

Bye bye!