Shattered Dream x Nightmare's Friend Reader PT. 2

Not my image.

I honestly have no idea where this is going to go so I'm just gonna put this warning just in case.

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ Angst, Violence, Mean Dream Bean :>

Background Knowledge

They're dead. . .

All of them. . .

Your POV

"Ugh. . ."

I groan as consciousness returns to me. A bright light tries to sneak past my tightly shut lids causing my face to scrunch up.Where am I? I have a splitting headache and an odd smell pierces my senses. I feel around with my hands to try and identify where I might be, refusing to open my eyes. My hands come into contact with a soft blanket and a cushiony mattress. I roll onto my side and snuggle into the heavenly comfortable bed. I sigh and relax again, abandoning my mission of discovering my whereabouts. A few more minutes never hurt anyone.

"Y/n! Are you awake yet?"

I furrow my brows at the strange voice. Who is that? I feel like I should recognize it. Despite my own wishes, I push myself into a seated position on the bed and open my eyes. I strain to keep them open and have to rub the gound from my eyes before I can observe my surroundings. I'm in an unfamiliar bedroom. The colors decorating the furniture and walls are to bright to be from Nightmare's Castle. His castle has darker, muted colors. I had gotten so used to the cool colors of the castle that this is giving me sensory overload.

The walls are a pastel blue and the fluffy carpet on the floor is a teal color. I look down at the bed and the blanket is a grayish-blue. Even though this room is so drastically different from mine back at the castle, it is still aesthetically pleasing to the eye. 

I hop out of the bed, leaving the blanket askew. I'm a little uneasy on my feet, so I have to lean on the bedside table to regain my balance. I walk to the door and open it warily, unsure whether I should trust whoever might be on the other side. As soon as the door is open, pleasant smells flood my senses. Bacon, French Toast, and. . . Is that kiwi?

I follow my nose, abandoning all caution, and find myself in a dining room. I can see the kitchen as well because the two rooms are separated by a half wall. In the kitchen is someone that brings me both joy and dread. Dream. . .

His golden-black tentacles sway behind him as he cuts up some kiwi. When I catch a glimpse of his face, a relaxed smile graces him. My muscles tense as my memories flood back to me. He killed Nightmare. He killed all of my friends. Yet he can still smile like he's an innocent? I'm both disgusted and intrigued. What could he possibly want from me?!

"Ah Y/n! I see you're awake and well. Have a seat! Breakfast is just about ready."

My attention snaps to Dream and he is smiling at me with a knife in his hand, kiwi juice dripping down the blade. I do as he suggests and take a seat, not feeling brave enough yet to challenge him. 

Just as he said, breakfast is done in a matter of minutes and a steaming plate of mouthwatering goodness is placed in front of me. I fight back the urge to dig right in and instead I look to Dream, who is sitting across the table from me. He cuts into his French toast and takes a single bite, acting too civilized for someone who just murdered six monsters.

He meets my gaze with a relaxed, impassable one and quarks a nonexistent brow. I gulp and decide to start the conversation off casually. "How long was I out for?" I question him, picking up my knife and fork to seem nonchalant. He thinks for a few seconds, taking another bite, before answering. "About three days. You should eat up. I'm sure that your starving."