Sky(Birdtale Sans)x Reader

Not my art!

FYI I don't know too much about Birdtale, so I'm just going to wing it. (Omg please send help. It's the middle of the night and I'm laughing hysterically at bad puns!) 

Anyway! Onto the oneshot.

Background Knowledge

You've been in the Underground for quite a while and have gotten very close to the skelebros. You live with Toriel, but she lets you exit the Ruins as you please. Today was a very exciting day and you wanted to immediately share it with your two best friends!

Your POV

"Sans! Papyrus!"

I was running through Snowdin town, calling out for my two best friends. I was so excited to show them! I arrived at the house and knocked on the door rapidly. I heard someone grumble through the door. "Jeez. No need to be so violent about it." Sans opened the door to be greeted with my smiling face.

"Hey kid. What's got you so energetic?"

I pulled him out of the house without a word. "Where's Papy?" Sans pointed a thumb towards Waterfall. "Training with Undyne." I nod, deflating a bit. I shake my head and brighten up. "Guess what Sans?!" I was bouncing in my spot, almost unable to control myself. Sans mocked me and started bouncing as well. "What?!" 

I ignored his mockery and spread out my new wings. They were the wings of a dove, pure white and soft. Sans stopped bouncing and out his hands to his mouth(?). "You got your wings!" I nodded at Sans, smiling brightly. "Mom finally said that I was ready!" Sans smiled back at me and put his hands back in his pockets, the initial shock dying down.

"Have you tested them out yet?"

I looked back at them and then at Sans. "Nope. I wanted to show them to you guys first." Sans grabbed your hand and started pulling you along with him. "Then lets go! I will gladly help you along, kid." I huffed, bowing my cheeks out. "I told you to stop calling me that! I'm not a kid." Sans stops walking and puts a finger to his chin. "Really? You sure act like one sometimes." 

I gasp in offense. I start running at him. He merely flys into the air, out of my reach. "That's not fair!" He spins around and smirks down at me. "Oh really? But you have wings. Come up here and get me." I ball my hands into fists. I start beating my wings against the air. It was harder than it looked. I continued this and slowly my feet began to lift off the ground. 

I smile at the small victory, but this caused me to lose concentration. I fall down into the snow. Sans laughs at me from above, easily gliding around, taunting me. I grit my teeth and stand up, brushing off the snow. I try again, this time staying focused. 

I manage to get a couple of feet off the ground, but I still wasn't in full control. I started to sway dangerously from side to side. I was scared that I would end up crashing into something or someone. Sans noticed this and leveled with me. He took both of my hands and steadied me. I continued beating my wings rhythmically.

He nodded his head at me. "Yeah. Just keep a steady beat like that." I started getting the hang of it and smiled at Sans. A dark blue color covered his cheekbones, but I was too happy to notice. Sans guided me further into the air. I got a little nervous and looked down. "Hey hey. Don't look down." Sans came closer and lifted my chin up. I looked him directly in the eye sockets. "I won't let you fall. I promise." 

I gulped and gave him a quick nod. We stayed like that for a bit. Then Sans started guiding me again. He spun both of us in a smooth circle. I giggled a bit. This is fun! I let go of one of Sans's hands, opening up more. It was so relaxing up here. Sans and I flew around together in an almost dance like way. 

The whole time neither of us let of the other's hand. After a bit, Sans spun me around again before bringing me close. His hands rested on my hips and mine on his chest. We gazed into each other's eyes. "Thank you for helping me, Sans." 

Sans blinked and snapped out of whatever daze he was in. "Yeah. No problem, y/n." We fell into silence again, the only noise being made by our beating wings. Mine, however, were getting extremely tired and it was getting harder to hold myself up. "Sans. I think we should head back down. My wings are getting really-" I didn't get anytime to finish my statement.

I slipped out of Sans's grip and my wings gave out on me. I was plummeting down. I got sudden deja vu from when I fell to the Underground in the first place. I tried to beat my wings, but they refused. I shut my eyes tight and wait for impact. 

But it never came. I open my eyes to be greeted with Sans smiling down at me. "You're really giving me a workout here." Sans had caught me bridal style a few feet from the snowy ground. I hugged Sans tightly, surprising him. "Thank you so much! I thought I was gonna fall and break my new wings. But you saved me. Thank you!" 

We made contact with the ground and Sans sighed. He held me closer, smiling. "Not a problem, dove." I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. "Really. Dove?" Sans chuckled. "You said you didn't want me calling you kid, so that's what I came up with. And I'm not changing it this time." 

I smile at him and tilt my head fondly. "You don't have to. I like it." He blushed dark blue again and looks away. I giggle at this action and snuggle closer to him.

"W-why don't we head back and get s-some hot chocolate or something." He offer, still refusing to look at me. I nodded, my smile widening. "That would be great, Sans." 

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Yay! This one was fun. Short and sweet. This was sorta a spur of the moment thing. I didn't think about it much. I just thought; "hey! I wanna do a oneshot for Sky!"

And so I did.

*drops an imaginary microphone dramatically*

Bye bye!