DS Dream x Depressed*Shy*Artist Reader

THIS IS A BIRTHDAY TRIBUTE! Thank you so much for the request  Anita_dreamswp_dream and Happy Birthday again! I hope that this meets your expectations. If it doesn't, feel free to request again.

This song above clearly isn't mine, but I wanted to put it there because it's one of my favorites and it makes me feel happy when I'm sad.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ Vague hints of suicide 

Background Knowledge 

You had spent a lot of time in your room lately, seemingly avoiding everyone. You were naturally shy and didn't like speaking with people, but this was a little excessive even for you. You decided to spend some time outside today and Dream took this as an opportunity to figure out what was wrong.

Dream's POV

Y/n was spending some time outside today, probably getting references for one her drawings. I sigh as I open the door to her room. I knew that I was invading her privacy, but if something was going on with her, I needed to know. I had noticed some negative feelings from her lately. Luckily no one else has.

This is for the greater good. I walked into her room. It was messy as usual. I wandered around a little trying to find anything that could tell me what was wrong with her. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I sighed in disappointment. Nothing. I sat down on her bed, leaning back on my hands. I felt something hard beneath my right one. I looked at it and saw one of her sketchbooks.

I picked it up and looked at the cover. It read as follows: PRIVATE SKETCHES! I smirked at how embarrassed she is about her drawings. She never likes sharing her drawings. I usually look at them anyway and tell her how good they are. She gets all flustered and shy from the praise.

I open the sketchbook hoping to do the same same as usual. What I find is shocking. The sketches were all of the same person. A girl. I flip to each page and follow the girl's story. It was sad. She had happiness in her heart, but then she fell into a pit of despair. She became depressed and held all of her inner feelings close. The last few images were depicting her holding items that could be used to end it all. I flip to the end and a single page falls out. I pick it up and stare at the image. It was a picture of the girl and another who looked similar to y/n. My soul stopped as I read the words on the page.

That girl is me. 

I don't know I'm crying until I see the tears drop onto the page. Why didn't she tell me? She knew what would happen if any one else had found out! The sketchbook gets ripped out of my hand. I look up and see y/n. She looked upset and scared, tears flowing down her face. "You weren't supposed to read that!"

She hugged the book to her chest and took a step back. I stood up and grabbed her wrist, preventing her from running. "Why didn't you tell me?!" She flinched at my sudden loudness. We stood silent for a bit, tears running down both of our faces. Calm down.

I pull her into a tight hug, wrapping my wings around her as well. She tensed up in my hold, but I didn't let go. "It's okay. Just let it all out." I spoke gently and quietly. She burst out, sobbing into my chest. When she tried to speak, I shushed her. "You don't need to explain yourself, angel." I walked over to the bed and sat down, bringing her onto much lap. I rocked her back and forth, petting her hair in my attempts to sooth her.

After a while, her sobs die down to tiny sniffles. I pull away slightly to look her in the eyes. They were filled with sadness and regret. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I'm sorry I feel this way. I'm sorry I-" 

I put a finger to her lips and look at her with a slight sternness. "No. Don't be sorry for how you feel. If anything, I should be the one apologizing. I should have recognized the signs. I'm the frickin' guardian of positivity! I should have been able to keep you happy." I sighed and cupped her tear stained face. "But that's behind us. All I can do is make you happy now. Right now I could care less about the goal of the Justice Reigns. You are my top priority. We are gonna work through this together."

She gives me a weak smile. "I-I don't deserve you, Dream." I shake my head and return the smile. "No. I don't deserve you." I leaned closer to her and looked down at her lips. I brought my face to hers and gently kissed her. At that moment, I felt happy. It made me realize that I wasn't truly happy before. I savored the moment, a positive aura flowing from me. 

It was bright and gold. I pulled away from the kiss and hugged her again. "I swear I'll make you happy." She hugs back shyly and rests her chin on my shoulder. "Thank you, Dream." 

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

I hope this is what you wanted Anita_dreamswp_dream! I struggled a bit, but I managed to get it done the best I can. I can redo if you want. 

Btw. Here's a cake for your birthday! 🎂 

Bye bye!