Outer x Reader

(Not my picture)

This was a cute little idea I came up with and I honestly couldn't decide which Sans I would use for it.

As you can see, I ended up choosing Outer!

Background Knowledge 

You and Outer are very good friends. Ink introduced the two of you. You've been staying in Outertale ever since. Outer doesn't usually share his thoughts with others, but he has decided to share a very important one with you.

Outer's POV

I comb through my nonexistent hair and smile nervously in the mirror. Tonight's the big night. I pull the small box out of my pocket and open it carefully. Inside was a beautiful silver necklace with a moon pendant on it. Dangling from the moon was an intricate hollow heart that had a glowing blue stone in it. The blue light that shone from it was faint at the moment.

I sighed and closed the box, putting it back in my pocket. I can't believe I'm doing this. I was giving y/n my promise stone. Every monster had one. They are assigned at birth. When a monster wants to establish a relationship, they exchange promise stones. It will connect the two, giving them a bond unlike any other. I want that with y/n. I love her with all my soul and I want to give her my promise stone.

"SANS! ARE YOU READY YET!? YOU'RE GOING TO KEEP YOUR SOON-TO-BE GIRLFRIEND WAITING!"

Paps snaps me out of my thoughts and I look at the clock. Shit. I'm late. I had invited y/n to go stargazing with me, that way when I give it to her it would be romantic. She's probably waiting for me.

I teleport downstairs and smile at Paps. "How do I look, bro?" He sighs and adjusts the fluff on my jacket. "YOU CHANGED NOTHING IN YOUR APPEARANCE SANS." I give him a mock offended look. "How could you say such a thing?! I combed my hair and everything!" His expression turns angry for a second before changing to one of exhaustion. "I'M NOT GOING TO FIGHT WITH YOU SANS. YOU HAVE BIGGER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT RIGHT NOW. YOU ARE KEEPING YOUR DATE WAITING."

I blush at the word 'date', but I slap on a smile and wave at him. "See ya later, Paps." I teleport to our meeting spot in Waterfall and took a deep breath. There she was, sitting in a patch of grass near a cluster of Echo Flowers. She was looking out at the stars with wonder in her eyes. I was frozen in my spot. I'm an idiot. Why would someone as gorgeous as that like me back? She was shiny in the starlight, almost like she belonged up there with the other stars. Her shiny h/c hair shimmered and sparkled like thousands of diamonds were mixed with it. Her s/c skin glowed, giving it an almost glass type look. I forced myself to take a step and I ended up gaining her attention. She turned her head to look at me and her big e/c eyes stared back into mine. A bright smile made its way to her lips and I was speechless. I can't go through with this.

"Outer! Get over here!" Her voiced echoed through my skull and she sounded like an angel. My eyelights changed into hearts and an adoring smile made it's way to my face. I managed to make my way over to her and sit down beside her. She smiled at me and I blushed a bright blue, but managed to smile back. She looked back out at the stars and sighed contentedly. No matter how hard I tried though, I couldn't take my eyelights off of her. She was the only star in my life right now.

A few minutes went by in silence before y/n turned to me. For a second I thought she saw me staring, but she didn't mention it. "No matter how many times I see them like this, the stars never fail to amaze me with their beauty." I nod slowly at her, only half listening. I snap out of my  daze when I feel a weight on my shoulder. She was leaning her head on me. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I was freaking out, but I refused to show it. "I'm so happy I got to share this moment with you, Outer."

I need to do it. It's now or never. "Hey y/n? Do you think I can tell you something?" Y/n lifts her head and looks at me. "You can tell me anything!" Now or never. I stand up and she does as well, though she's confused. I clear my throat and grab the box from my pocket, hiding it behind my back. "Heh. I almost didn't have the guts to say this, but here's goes nothing."

She smiles at my pun. Good start. "Y/n. We've known each other for a while and you're probably the best friend I could ever have. Lately, however, I've been feeling differently." Her smile falters and I know I have to recover soon before she jumps to conclusions. "A good differently! I've been seeing you in a new light. Every time you walk into a room, my full attention goes to you and I can't look away. Everything about you makes me pause and think about how lucky I am to know you."

I pause in my speech. "You know what a promise stone is, correct?" She nods and I see her eyes widen at a realization. I take the box out from behind my back. "Well. I'd like to give you mine." She covers her mouth and gasps as I open the box. The heart dangling from the moon pendant was glowing brighter than ever before. I held it out to her and smiled shyly. "I didn't planet, but I'm in love with you y/n! Will you be my girlfriend?"

She doesn't say anything and I start getting nervous. What if she says no?! Then I see tears running down her face. I'm about to ask what's wrong when she interrupts me. Y/n throws her arms around me, knocking the two of us to the ground. She hugs me tight and cries into my shoulder. "Why are you crying?" I pet the back of her head with one hand, the other holding the box. She pulls away from my shoulder and smiles at me. "Yes! Yes! A hundred times yes! I would love to be your girlfriend, Outer!"

She hugs me again and tears start running down my face as well. She said yes. She said yes! I hold onto her tightly and burry my skull in her hair. "I'm so happy, y/n! You have no idea how much this means to me."

After a few minutes hugging, we both pull away. "Do you think you can help me put the necklace on?" I nod and carefully brush her hair to the side. I clip the necklace and let it hang around her neck. I hug her again from behind and smile. "It looks lovely on you."

She smiles at me and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, Outer." I snuggle into her, the huge smile never leaving my face. 

"No. Thank you, y/n. For being the brightest star in my life."

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙

I feel really happy and warm on the inside from writing this!

Hope you feel the same!

Bye bye!