[Xiumin] Bittersweet

@rilya123, this is for you. Enjoy! ^^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chirping birds and the soft sound of rustling leaves were what usually made my morning feel alive. They were like a reminder that I have went through another difficult night; another night without Xiumin.

But not today.

"Good morning beautiful," the bed creaked as Xiumin shifted closer to cuddle at the crook of my neck. Smiling, I turned around and swung my arm over his waist. I missed this. I missed this so much.

"You look tired," I softly ran a finger over his eyebags. He just smiled and brought my finger down to kiss it.

"I'm okay."

I know he's not okay. He's hurting somewhere, I'm sure of it, but he just doesn't want me worrying over it.

"Hey, don't frown." He made an aegyo face before pecking me on the lips. "You should always smile when I'm around, remember?"

I swallowed the clog forming in my throat, and looked away. "But... How long would you stay?"

It was the most painful question to be asked every single time. It hurts so much, because I already know the answer. But I still ask anyway, hoping that one day, he would say that he won't leave.

"Long enough for us to enjoy." He smiled, but I know he's hurting inside too. I forced back a smile.

"Should I cook you breakfast, then?"

"No," I was about to stand up, but he held me in place. "Let's stay like this."

There was a while of silence as we just lay there like that, staring at each other's faces as if to memorize every nook and cranny. As for me, I wanted to imprint Xiumin's face in my mind, to the point that it's almost permanent. So in the days to come that I will wake up in another morning without him by my side, at least I can still imagine him like this, laying down beside me and looking at me with those loving eyes I miss every single second he's away.

"Amanda," he whispered. My heart fluttered at the way he said my name, just like how it has always been.

"Hmm?"

"I miss you."

I felt my heart break a little. I couldn't understand how is it possible for me to feel happy and sad at the same time. I get this weird blend of feelings, like the sweet taste of sugar, but mixed with the bitterness of coffee. Every minute I spend with Xiumin ends up bittersweet.

"I miss you too."

And just like expected, his phone started to ring. We knew who it was. And I knew that he had to leave once again.

"You have to get up."

Instead of picking it up, though, Xiumin just pulled me closer and hugged me tighter than he has ever hugged be before.

"Just 5 more minutes."

Chuckling, I just nodded and hugged him back. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[A/N]: After making you wait for a long time, I made you cry (maybe). I'm so cruel :(

Sorry if updates are slowing down. I've been very busy and both my mind and body are exhausted. Hope you fellas are doing well, tho! 'Til next update. ^^