[D.O ft. Kai] Hold My Hand

This one's for @lighthestars! Thank you for waiting and I hope you fall in love with D.O all over again. Enjoy~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"But eomma...  Why can't you just bring me along?" You whined and tugged at her dress like a little whining child. She just smiled softly and caressed your hair.

"I would like to, baby, but we are not allowed to bring anybody else. Plus, it's only for a day. We won't have time to tour anyway."

You continued pouting. You've always dreamed of going to Korea, so you're willing to do anything just to be able at least inhale the air there. But it seems, you really wouldn't be able to go this time.

Your dad came over to kiss you on the forehead. "On your birthday, we will go to Korea as a family. That's a promise." You gasped and cheered. But he suddenly lifted a finger to stop you. "But on one condition."

"Nawww! Why is there a condition???"

"We will go to Korea then, only if you act nice to Mr. Do's son."

"Do who?"

"Mr. Do is a close friend of ours. He will attend the business meet as well, so we decided to let his son accompany you for the meantime while we're gone."

They glanced at each other and exchanged approving smiles while you just stood there, dumbstruck.

"I'm going to be alone here with a boy?!!!"

"He's a very reliable boy. We won't leave you with a dangerous man, you know that."

"Yeah, but..."

"He'll be here about an hour after we leave. He will make sure you're safe, so don't be rude to him okay?"

"But..."

"You'll be fine, baby. We have to go. Bye!" They gave you one last kiss on each cheek, before getting into their van and drive away.

As soon as the dead silence in the house began, your hands started to feel clammy.

'He's just a visitor. Yeah, just a visitor.' You repeatedly told yourself, but still, you couldn't help but feel uneasy. You haven't talked to any boy alone in a room, heck, not even in a house alone. Also, you have never been comfortable around strangers, even to your parents' friends that usually come over. But for the sake of your dad's promise, you have to set aside your awkwardness just for now.

It's just one day...

~Ding~Dong~

You literally jumped out of the couch. As you stared at the door, you took the tiniest steps possible as you tried to settle the raging thoughts in your brain.

'Hi, are you Do Kyungsoo? I'm ______. Welcome to our house.'

Right. That's how you'll greet. Friendly, proper, and nice.

Forcing out a confident smile, you opened the door. And there you saw the most adorable guy you have ever seen.

"H-hi..." He stuttered out and his eyes travelled everywhere except in your direction. He was obviously nevous as well.

"H-Hi... W-Welcome..." You stuttered back. You looked at his feet, your feet, his luggage; but never in his eyes. "Uh... C-come in..."

You shuffled away from the door, and he akwardly stepped inside. You watched how his big round eyes shone as he looked around your mansion.

You quickly looked away before he could catch you staring.

"Nice house..."

"Thanks..." You pursed your lips. You motioned towards the couch. "You may sit there, I guess... I'll... I'll go get you something to eat."