[Chen] Troll

Troll /n /
» a supernatural being dwelling in a cave, hill, or any isolated places. They vary in appearances and characteristics, ranging from gigantic grotesque forms to almost human-like.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Grumbling, you trekked across the muddy forest as you searched for the said "nearby lake." Your mom said it was where she must have dropped her wedding ring when she gathered some berries yesterday. Seriously, what was she even doing in that part of the forest? When you were small, she told you to never go in here but now that you're all grown up, she casually tells you to prance around here to fetch something she may or may have not lost.

To be honest, you never liked living here. The house looks so ancient, and it sits at the very edge of the forest; a perfect setting for a horror movie.

"Oh there you are." You mumbled as you spotted the body of water from far away. Oh finally, this very exciting trip has finally come to an end.

You looked around the part where there were a lot of berry plants nearby, but even after minutes, you still haven't found the ring. And because you were nowhere near enthusiastic in this search and retrieve mission, you just shrugged, basically saying, "Meh. It's probably not here."

Since you didn't want to waste all your efforts of walking all the way here, you decided to amuse yourself a bit before heading home again. You sat on a log just beside the water, and watched your reflection stare right back at you.

"Who is that girl I see?" You began to sing. Well, it was kind of funny. Nobody was going to hear you anyway, right?

"Staring straight back at me... Why does my--"

You got cut off when you felt the ground shake. At first, you thought it might have just been your imagination. Or maybe it was just a small earthquake. But then it happened again, but harder this time. You bounced up your seat as if something big stepped on the land.

Then another shake. And another. And another. And it did sound like someone was walking nearer the lake.

Or something.

Shaken--quite literally--you started to run. A loud rumble occured behind you, and when you looked back, horror struck you in the face hard.

A huge grotesque green colored creature, about 20 feet tall or so, stood there angrily as it faced you. It was holding a big mace like object, and the spikes on it looked no joke. You ran faster, even though unsure if you could even outrun this ugly creature. The ground shook once again as it started to run, and with just a few steps, it caught up, and snatched you up with one giant swing. It clutched you a little too tight, probably crushing a rib or two. And just like that, you blacked out.

*****

"Yah, wake up."

You gasped as cold water splashed all over you.

"WHAT THE--" You sat upright, rubbing your eyes off of the water. Your ribs felt a little bruised, but it could easily be ignored. You looked around and realized that you were in a cave with piles of junk scattered here and there. And you realized the same creature earlier was there, and oh, there are four of them, actually.

But what's even more strange, was that there was a human boy sitting on a throne on the farthest back, and it was like the creatures were guarding him. In fact, he looked very comfortable here. He even wore clothes similar to those of the creatures, except that he had a fur vest to cover his upper body. He looked someone straight out from a jungle movie.

"Where are we?"

"A cave." The boy rolled his eyes. You scoffed.

"Oh wow, thanks Mr. Obvious." You stood up and tried to squeeze the excess water from your clothes. You nodded towards the giant ugly things. "What are they?"