[Lay] Cupid

Cupid /n /
» the god of love, usually portrayed as a small boy with wings carrying bow and arrows. The arrows, when struck to the heart, makes the victim fall in love.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"______!" You heard a painfully familiar voice echo across the classroom. Sighing, you put down your pen, knowing what will happen next. "______! Come on! We have to go!"

You could only roll your eyes as Lay started dragging you by the hand once again. The other students didn't care much anymore, probably already used to this scene everyday.

"You know Lay, I'm starting to get tired of this." You mumbled, making him stop and hold you by the shoulders.

"I know, I know. It's been a long month but I swear, we're almost there."

"I can't even see why you still need me for this. I mean, I haven't even done much. I could only help in hiding your true identity."

"Yeah, exactly! Without you, I wouldn't know how to act like a normal human and would fail to blend in. I wouldn't be able to do my mission, then."

You rolled your eyes. "You're cupid. You could always use your love arrows to make everyone like you."

Yeap, that's right folks. This man right here is Cupid.

"It doesn't work that way." He smiled. He stepped closer, leaving you no choice but to look into his soft brown eyes. "I need you, ______. We've gone so far together, and I don't think I'll be able to finish this without you by my side. So I ask you to have a little more patience. Just a little more. Please? Pleaaase???"

He made this irresistible puppy face, and gawd, how can you resist that look?

The memories from the past month flashed past your eyes.

That first day he revealed to you his identity...

That moment he knelt down and begged you to believe him when you thought he was just crazy...

And those moments he holds your hand when he drags you around...

He's right. You've gone too far together, and have grown used to each other's presence. Though the very same things happen everyday, deep inside, you never wanted to end. You wouldn't mind doing this everyday forever, as long as it's beside him.

You sighed heavily. "Fine."

He cheered and enveloped you in a hug. You just rolled your eyes as he continued dragging you once again. Much to your surprise, you went out of the school gates, because usually, your activities only happened within school premises. Now, you're heading towards the nearby playground.

"Lay, what are we doing? Classes are not yet--"

"Shhhh," he clamped a hand over your mouth and pulled you to hide behind a tree. Your back was against it while he stood in front of you, eyes fixed on whatever that was on the other side of the place. You craned your neck, and saw Amber and Kris, the people you have been spying on for the past month.

Lay's mission was to make them fall for each other, but it was so much easier said than done. Their love story is just so complicated that it's so hard to make them meet halfway.

Kris comes from a very rich family, and is a well known freelance model. He's got impressive grades too and could be easily considered as a "perfect guy." While on the other hand, Amber barely has any money to spend on food, and has quite a spunky attitude as she grew up the hard way. She's quite a delinquent, and we all know that posh families don't like to mingle with her kind.