[D.O] Wet

The cool wind blew once again, making you look up at the sky. It’s definitely going to snow any second. Just like the other people in the park, you remained seated on the bench, wanting to be there once the first snow falls. Nothing is more beautiful than a first snow. Except for Nutella, of course.

Anyway, you laid your head back on the bench as you looked up the sky. You sighed, smoke coming out of your mouth. You closed your eyes to feel the beautiful cold more. Then you felt something wet drop on your cheek. You sat upright as you brushed a finger over it.

Water?

Well... that feels wrong. Another drop fell on your lap. Brows furrowing, you looked up at the sky again. Thunder echoed in the sky. It’s going to rain. People started running away to seek refuge. You, on the other hand, decided to run your way back home since the house couldn’t be that far from here anyway. You unwrapped your scarf from your neck and placed it over your head, hissing at the rain starting to get stronger. WTF nature? It’s frickin Christmas! People are wishing for snow, not RAIN!!!

In just a few seconds later, the rain was already so strong that it felt like giant needles poking your back. On second thought, running towards the house was a bad idea. You squinted around the foggy street in an effort to find some sort of refuge, but suddenly, you hit something and you fell flat on your stomach on the asphalt. No, wait. It wasn’t the asphalt. It was someone. A living, breathing, human being.

“Oh gosh I am so so sorry!!!” You frantically stood up and helped the human up. You realized that it was a boy, quite taller than you, and he had these round puppy eyes. There was a little bit of dirt over his perfect milky cheeks, and you quickly reached out to wipe it away, knowing that you were the reason why such a perfect skin got messed up. He flinched away, though.

“Are you hurt anywhere? Are you ok? Did I make you wet??” You circled him while looking up and down, while he just stared at you with those big doe eyes. He looked so cute like a cartoon character that you almost questioned if he was real. His staring thing was quite weird, though.

“You seem okay, though a little wet. I’m sorry again, but I got to go!” You turned around to dash, but he suddenly grabbed your sweater, not saying anything. He picked up a black umbrella that you didn’t notice before. He must have dropped it when you bumped into him. He opened it and swung it over the both of you.

“Um, it’s ok, that’s not necessary.” Wow, this guy is such a good person. He got dirt on his cheeks because of you and yet, he’s still willing to share his umbrella. You were about to walk away again, but was stopped when he spoke.

“You’ll get sick if you get wet.”

Your head tilted to the side. Um, you're already quite soaked but anyway, you could never reject such kindness. “Uhh... ok.”

He didn’t speak for a few more seconds, as if having a mental debate if he should continue talking to you or not.

“Where is your house?”

“About 10 more blocks away, I guess.” You squinted and pointed north. He nodded and started walking. None of you spoke again. The silence may have been normal for him but gawd, for you it was mentally torturing awkwardness.