[Xiumin] Tree of Hearts

To the sexiest aegyo master.

Happy Valentines!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The morning was surprisingly breezy instead of scorching hot. It was as if nature was in favor of Valentines Day, and provided a just-right shade perfect for couples to walk through the city together. As for you, you were glad Xiumin was there by your side. His warm hand felt so good, not only because it was keeping your hands from getting too cold but also because it reminded you that you were in the right place in the right time, just beside the right person for you.

"Are we planning to do anything today, baozi?" You mused as you looked around the Valentine-themed mini-stores around the park. Xiumin shrugged.

"Nothing in particular. Why, do you have something in mind?"

You shook your head. "I only planned on spending the day with you, but I didn't really plan what we'll do."

He lightly laughed, making his baozi cheeks pop out. He pointed at an ice cream stand.

"How about ice cream?"

You slowly shook your head. "It's already a bit cold."

"Heart balloons?"

"Too cliche."

"Marriage booth?"

"Too cheesy," you shuddered. He paused to tap his chin in deep thought.

"Oh I know!" His face brightened up. "I think I know just the right place for us."

His eyes gleamed in pure hapiness as he started to drag you along towards somewhere. You didn't bother ask where you were going, because you already knew that he will only answer, "You'll see," since Xiumin is the type that likes to keep the thrill in things. So in the end, you just let him drag you by the hand through the park, trusting that wherever he's leading you to, will be worth it.

Anyway, any place you go to becomes worth it, as long as you're with him.

"There it is, the Tree of Hearts." Xiumin breathed. Finally, you have stopped in the very middle of the vast park, and found yourself looking up at a 15-foot high tree with red leaves. You were about to ask how is it possible for a tree to have red leaves, but as you looked closer, you realized that those leaves were actually small red papers.

"I thought my friends were just joking when they told me about this, so I didn't pay much attention. But now that I've seen it, I think they're right. It's beautiful."

You weren't able to respond since you were still basically busy gaping at the majestic tree. Xiumin gently placed a hand at the small of your back to lead you closer to it. A small elderly woman approached you and handed you and Xiumin two small heart shaped papers.

"Write what your hearts want to say," she smiled warmly, making you and Xiumin glance at each other. You didn't exactly know why, but both of you blushed.

"Okay...," you carefully said and took the pen she handed you. Xiumin did the same thing. After giving the woman one last glance, both of you sat on a nearby bench and took a few moments to think of "what your hearts wanted to say."

"I don't know what to write..." he mumbled. You could only sigh deeply. You felt the exact same thing.

"I didn't know it's so hard to know what my heart is saying."

There was a while of silence. Then, Xiumin turned to you. "I have an idea."

"Hmm?"

He grabbed your hand and lifted it up to his chest. You froze at the sudden contact, but you could feel his heart softly knocking against your palm.

"If I can't understand what my heart says, then maybe you can help me do so." He softly smiled. You felt a blush creeping up your cheeks, so you just focused on your palm against his chest.

~dub~ dub~ dub~

All you felt were heartbeats. But strangely, it felt like you understood what they meant. Smiling, you retrieved your hands and reached for Xiumin's hand to do the same to him. He blushed as well, and it took you all your self control not to reach out and pinch his cheeks for his overflowing cuteness.

"I think I know now, too." He smiled. Nodding, you turned your attention to the paper, and wrote the words that floated in your head, or rather, in your heart.

"To the one I'll keep treasured in my heart, from today's first heartbeat to forever's billionth one. I love you."

Satisfied, you stood up from the bench, and surprisingly, Xiumin finished just as the same time as you. Together, you walked towards the woman and handed her the hearts.

"I see you've figured it out." She smiled sweetly. Before you could even ask what she was talking about, she has already walked away to put your hearts up on the tree. You looked up at Xiumin, but he just shrugged. Your hands automatically intertwined as you started walking once again.

"What a sweet woman." he mused.

"Hey... what did you write on your heart?"

A smile played around his lips for a while, as if he was musing over something before deciding to answer. "I think it wasn't me the wrote on my heart.... It was my heart that wrote on me."

You didn't have to ask to understand. It's because it was exactly how you felt as well. Sighing, you leaned your head against his shoulder, feeling like your heart and mind has become so much clearer after that experience.

"Happy Valentines, my baozi."

Smiling, he reached down to kiss your forehead. "Happy Valentines, my treasure."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[A/N]: Was it too cheesy? Naaaaah. 😂