[Xiumin] Santa

You clutched your scarf and readjusted it around your neck. The temperature was starting to get colder and colder. It would probably start snowing soon. You sat on a bench by the park to rest for a while. There were a lot of people dressed as Santa walking around the park, but only one particularly caught your eye. Not only because he wasn’t fat—he must be uncomfortable wearing massive cushions and stuff—but also because most of the kids liked him more than the others. In fact, they were chasing him around like little devils hungry for presents. He didn’t seem to be carrying any sack of gifts, though.

“SAAAANTAAA!!!!” The screeching tiny voices got clearer as they got closer to where you were. What an unlucky Santa.

“I have no more gifts! Please staaaaahp!!” He screeched as they ran past you. You had a glimpse of his face. He was probably in his 20’s, that is if your eyes weren’t deceiving you, and by the look on his face, he was obviously horrified by the crowd running after him. Somehow, you felt this urge to do something good in Christmas, so you headed towards the nearest candy cane stand.

“May I buy some?” You asked the old man, and his eyes lit up to give you a heart-warming smile.

“How many, miss?” You glanced back at the Santa-chasing children to estimate how many they were.

“About 20, mister.” He calmly nodded and started picking differently colored candies to put in a small brown cloth sack. Like a mini Santa bag or something.

“How much would that be?”

“Oh don’t mind it,” he laughed and waved it off with his hand and grabbed your hand to place the sack in it. “Making those kids happy is enough.”

Your brows furrowed for a while, but then realized that he actually knew that you wanted to help the poor Santa.

“Oh, gosh, thank you so much mister.”

He waved it off with his hand again and put a hand near his mouth to whisper. “It’s not from me. It’s from you. Go on then, female Santa. Make those kids happy.”

Though still in the midst of confusion, you managed to bow and slowly back away. The screaming of the kids brought you back to consciousness, and your heart started to pump loudly in your chest. You didn’t even know why you were nervous. You slowly walked towards the bench, never taking your eyes off the kids. You waited for the right moment to call them, to make sure that they’ll hear you and not leave you dying in embarrassment for being ignored. Once the Santa ran past you, you took a deep breath and yelled.

“Hey kids, I’ve got something for you!”

The screams halted as they turned to look at you. The Santa turned to look as well. In fact, you could feel everyone’s eyes on you.

“I... I have candies.”

“Candies?”

“Did she say candies?”

“CANDIEEES!!!!”

As soon as they understood what you meant, their eyes lit up in excitement again as they ran towards you. You smiled and opened the sack, but then hands were shoved in your face before you could even take any candy out.