[Chen ft. EXO] Avoiding You

For @JDVenice!

We finally reached 300K reads. Yehet!

~*~*~*~*~*~

As the boys continued talking about random things, I couldn't help but look at that one person that refuses to stay around the group whenever I'm around. No other than Kim Jongdae.

Yeah, I get it. EXO is an insanely famous group in school, and it's almost impossible to even let them know your existence. I'm just pure lucky to be accidentally grouped with several of them for a class project, and they turned out to be very friendly people and always talks to me ever since. Well, all except for Kim Jongdae. For some reason, he doesn't want to stay within 10 feet of me as if I've got a bomb with me or something. I would have thought that he only doesn't want outsiders to be included inside their group, but I always see him flirting with other girls. It's like he makes me feel that I have no right to hang out with them, unless I wear cleavage showing clothes and short skirts as well. I'm a weakling and a nerd, yes, but I won't ever change who I am just to fit in. I'm not hanging out with EXO just for the sake of fame or feeling like I'm at the top of the food chain. I hang out with them because they were the only people that didn't look at me like I'm a piece of garbage and kick me away like everybody else.

Now, while we're here sitting by the bleachers of the school gym, Chen is right there by the doors, flashing around his ever so charming smile at the girls flocking around him. At one point, his gaze shifted towards me, but he immediately looked away like I was never there at all.

It's easy to say that I could just ignore him too, but I can't. Because I actually have a crush on him. I'm so pathetic, I know.

"Why can't you guys be like Venice?" My attention on Chen finally got torn away when Chanyeol wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I looked around in confusion. "She cares about me while you don't!"

"Yah get your hands off her!" Everyone started nagging and pushing his arm off my shoulder, but he even hugged tighter like a huge koala.

"You are all just jealous! I know you want to be this close to her too!" And just like that, they started another round of bickering. Chuckling, I just shook my head at their silliness. When everyone's attention was finally not on me, I quickly found myself staring at Chen once again. And the same thoughts continued running in my head like a train in a loop.

Lay suddenly nudged me. "Are you okay?"

He whispered so that the other boys' bickering wouldn't be interrupted.

"Y-yeah," I forced out a smile. He smiled back, but kept looking at my eyes as if he was trying to find something.

"Something's bothering you." I looked down guiltily, before glancing back at Chen. Lay seemed to notice this little gesture as when I looked at him, he already had this look in his eyes like he knew what was up, but was just waiting for me to ask. Well, I guess he cares this much, so I at least have to let him know what's in my head.

"Why does he avoid me?" I asked as I looked at Chen.

"I don't really know why," Lay slightly chuckled. "That kid's brain could become really weird sometimes."