[D.O] Bruised

Part One:

» [D.O] The Genius

» BAD BOY THEME

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, have you thought about it yet?" D.O brightly said as soon as you walked out of the room after classes. You sighed.

"D.O, I am really not in the mood to debate with you right now." Tomorrow already would be the final exams, and unlike D.O, you had to exert extra effort in studying overnight. Your grades have been quite okay for the whole semester, but they were all acquired with hardwork. You couldn't just accept "okay" grades. You wanted to climb above the required grade for a scholarship, and that definitely isn't easy. D.O didn't have to worry about any of that, though, because he was a born genius and was immediately given a full scholarship as soon as he stepped into this school. So he can have all the time to think of his own theories about space and orbits.

"Come on! Isn't it puzzling? How planets come by so close to each other and yet, their gravitational centers dont affect each other and change their orbits?"

"It is puzzling." Amber nodded by your side. You gave her a look. She lifted up her hands and feigned innocence. She was obviously riding along just to mess with you. D.O gave her an acknowledging nod and continued.

"But if they do affect each other, even just by moving a few inches off the orbit, I theorize there will be a time where the planets will collide. But if they don't affect each other..."

"Well, happy developing theories, guys. I've got a class to attend." Amber had to separate because you and D.O already could take your lunch break. She suddenly pulled you in for a side hug, but only to actually whisper to you. "Just ride along, ______. He looks happy today. I don't know why, but I think it'd be better if you let him stay that way."

And she left. As you walked towards the cafeteria, you glanced at D.O every now and then. Amber was right. He had a special sparkle in his eyes as he spoke. Maybe he was just hyped by the topic. Or maybe he just took a little extra sugar so he's acting a little out of the "D.O Box" now. The normal D.O wouldn't ever smile for 10 continuous seconds.

As soon as you occupied a seat, he started blabbering again. You gathered all your self control to avoid yelling for him to stop.

"If they don't affect each other's orbits in any way, then there must be a way they cancel out each other's gravitational fields, right? But how do they do that? When they have different magnetic strengths? What do you think, ______?"

You pushed around the meatball in your plate. You didn't even look up at him. "I dunno D.O... I don't feel like I have my head straight today..."

He slightly laughed. "Come on! Just a little idea. I want to hear your opinion."

He was looking at you expectantly. You tried to think, but your head really started to drift everywhere. Especially the exams tomorrow.

"I really don't have opinions... sorry..."

He leaned forward, giving you this familiar challenging stare. It seems he's still not aware that you're not in the mood.

"Even just a little bit of wise words? Like a, 'It has been proved in 2008 that it happens like this or like that?" You shut your eyes tight. A headache was seeping into your head. But D.O continued. "You know, if you share a little thought maybe I can recheck my theories and look at the facts over again. Like what we usually do, because we're a team right? Couples are a team."

"D.O, we are not a couple." You stated calmly, while rubbing your temples, hoping it'll make the pain go away.

His eyes widened. "We're not? But we're always together!"